Apply Now Tell a Friend
||Aecon Group Inc. is Canada’s largest, publicly traded construction and infrastructure development company. Aecon and its subsidiaries provide services to private and public sector clients throughout Canada and on a selected basis internationally. Aecon is pleased to be recognized as one of the Best Employers in Canada.
||Aecon Infrastructure brings together state-of-the-art technology, the most recent advances in process, and an experienced team dedicated to the work we perform, ranging from road building to institutional and commercial construction. Built on innovation, we constantly challenge ourselves to meet the demands of existing markets, and anticipate how to serve emerging ones.
|Business Unit Overview
||Aecon Utilities is driven by a company-wide commitment to providing the highest quality construction services, on-time and within budget; we continue to evolve in a changing market.
||Northern Alberta near Cold Lake
||Aecon is currently working with Sommerville, on the Inter Pipeline Fund project, work related to the Cold Lake and Polaris pipelines in Alberta. The joint venture includes the installation of 560 kilometers of underground pipeline, construction of pumping stations, metering facilities, junction sites and associated pipeline connections at multiple sites. The Welder must demonstrate a general knowledge of Welding Symbols, Welding Procedures, Fabrication Drawings, Visual Weld Inspection LPI and other Welding Quality Assurance Procedures.
- Read and interpret blueprints or welding process specifications.
- Operate manual or semi-automatic welding equipment to fuse metal segments using processes such as gas tungsten arc welding (GTAW), gas metal arc welding (GMAW), flux-cored arc welding (FCAW), plasma arc welding (PAW), shielded metal arc welding (SMAW), oxy-acetylene welding (OAW), resistance welding and submerged arc welding (SAW).
- Operate manual or semi-automatic flame-cutting equipment.
- Operate brazing and soldering equipment.
- Operate metal shaping machines such as brakes, shears and other metal straightening and bending machines.
- Weld 6 inch and up, vertical positioning.
- Repair worn parts of metal products by welding on extra layers.
- Required to removal metal and/or prepare materials for welding by gouging and grinding.
- Ensures all welding equipment is clean and functional.
- Assist with the maintenance and repair of welding equipment.
- May adjust welding heads and tooling according to work specifications.
|Required Knowledge & Skills
- Hold a valid Grade B Pressure Welder Certificate of Competency; or
- A Interprovincial Red Seal Journeyman Welder Certificate or Welder Trade Certificate along with a valid Pressure Welder Certificate where the test is identical to the Alberta initial test and conducted by the jurisdictional inspector, and a valid Performance Qualification issued by the jurisdiction or equivalent
- A minimum of 10 years of directly related work experience with 20inch to 42inch pipe size. As well as experience working with: crane operation, forklift operation, WHMIS training, confined space and fall arrest
- SMAW ticket, capable of welding 6inch and up
- Certified training with Safety Codes Act and the Pressure Welding Regulations
- This position may be required to direct, coach, and mentor apprentices
- Pipeline Construction Safety Training System (PCSTS) training or equivalent required
- Ground disturbance level 1, 2 would be an asset
Candidate must demonstrate a general knowledge of Welding Symbols, Welding Procedures, Fabrication Drawings, Visual Weld Inspection LPI and other Welding Quality Assurance Procedures as they will be tested on these procedures.
|Date Req Created
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
||Aecon offers the opportunity to work on challenging, high profile projects and provides competitive compensation and benefits.
||Aecon is an equal opportunity employer.