Apply Now Tell a Friend
||Aecon Group Inc. is Canada’s largest, publicly traded construction and infrastructure development company. Aecon and its subsidiaries provide services to private and public sector clients throughout Canada and on a selected basis internationally. Aecon is pleased to be recognized as one of the Best Employers in Canada.
||Aecon’s Corporate division provides a support system which extends throughout all branches of the company and includes information services, communications, finance and human resources, among others.
||Aecon’s Information Services group is seeking a Systems Engineer to join their team. In this position, the successful candidate is responsible for supporting equipment in a Microsoft Windows environment, from design through implementation and support. A System Engineer performs a wide variety of installation, configuration and upgrading of workstations, servers and related hardware and software in a LAN, WAN and stand-alone environment. A System Engineer provides investigation, diagnostic testing and repair/resolution of system, hardware, software and infrastructure.
||• Complete configuration, installation and support of equipment in a Microsoft Windows
environment to the specifications of client proposals
• Troubleshoot and resolve computer and telephony related issues when contacted by users by providing both on-site and remote support
• Maintaining software applications, operating systems and regular maintenance
• Managing assigned projects and program components to deliver services in accordance
with established objectives.
• Responding to inquiries from staff, administrators, service providers, site personnel and
outside vendors and etc. to provide technical assistance and support
• Supervising the administration of systems and servers related network to ensure availability of services to authorized users
|Required Knowledge & Skills
||• Degree in Computer Science
• At least 5 years professional experience in a server management environment.
• Strong business analysis skills and experience, including development of business vision and strategies, functional decomposition, requirements capture, process modeling
• MCP - Microsoft Certified Professional
• Knowledge of Windows Servers, workstations, MS Exchange, VMware, Citrix, anti-virus
• and other various software applications
• Awareness of systems management and operational support tools.
• Security and/or infrastructure experience would be an asset
• Strong communication and organizational skills
• Strong leadership skills
• Strong conflict resolution and decision-making skills
• An ability to manage multiple assignments with minimal supervision
• Strong analytical skills
|Date Req Created
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
||Aecon offers the opportunity to work on challenging, high profile projects and provides competitive compensation and benefits.
||Aecon is an equal opportunity employer.