Aecon Group Inc. is Canada’s largest, publicly traded construction and infrastructure development company. Aecon and its subsidiaries provide services to private and public sector clients throughout Canada and on a selected basis internationally. Aecon is pleased to be recognized as one of the Best Employers in Canada.
Aecon Industrial provides high-performance construction services to a broad array of industrial clients across the country, and offers single-source solutions for multi-trade industrial construction and fabrication projects.
|Business Unit Overview
Canonbie Contracting Limited is a multi-disciplined construction company offering superior civil, electrical and mechanical services including piping, insulation, scaffolding, and module fabrication. Headquartered in Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada, we are ideally located to provide exceptional service to all of our clients.
||Human Resources Administrator-17-021
Reporting to the Human Resources Manager, the Human Resources Assistant will be responsible for performing a variety of routine clerical and administrative duties in support of Canonbie’s Human Resources department.
- Source and schedule training as required with external companies including CLAC
- Assist the HR department with job postings, resume collection, scheduling interviews, pre-screening potential candidates and performing reference checks
- Prepare correspondence which includes but is not limited to; offers of employment, employment verification, assignment letters and termination documentation
- Track and monitor vacation requests
- Input unsolicited resumes in the applicant tracking database, Hiredesk
- Manage the probationary period process
- Assist the Human Resources team as required
|Required Knowledge & Skills
- Post-secondary education in Human Resources or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Work experience in a Human Resources department and/or construction industry experience would be considered an asset
- Proficient in MS Office
- Accurate and detail oriented
- Excellent organization and interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi task
- Multi-union construction experience (an asset)
- Ability to handle confidential information with integrity and professionalism;
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to form positive relationships with all levels of employees and management
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
Aecon offers the opportunity to work on challenging, high profile projects and provides competitive compensation and benefits.
||Aecon is an equal opportunity employer.