||Aecon Group Inc. is Canada’s largest, publicly traded construction and infrastructure development company. Aecon and its subsidiaries provide services to private and public sector clients throughout Canada and on a selected basis internationally. Aecon is pleased to be recognized as one of the Best Employers in Canada.
||Aecon Infrastructure brings together state-of-the-art technology, the most recent advances in process, and an experienced team dedicated to the work we perform, ranging from road building to institutional and commercial construction. Built on innovation, we constantly challenge ourselves to meet the demands of existing markets, and anticipate how to serve emerging ones.
|Business Unit Overview
||Aecon Mining is one of Canada’s largest mining and land reclamation contractors in the oilsands today, a position that complements our already well-established role as a leading heavy industrial contractor in the region. The division is uniquely positioned to offer clients a broad range of services, from environmental reclamation and overburden removal to civil, mechanical, and general contracting services.
||Accounts Payable and Office Administrator (80-800)
||Reporting to the Senior Accounts Payable Administrator, the Accounts Payable and Office Administrator is responsible for accounts payable processing, special projects and other office administrative duties for Aecon Mining. This is a temporary position covering a maternity leave.
- Work with Accounts Payable group in processing vendor invoices (e.g. matching invoices to Purchase Orders and Packing slips, obtaining proper approval, coding to the proper general ledger account, batching and scanning of invoices) in a timely fashion.
- Coordinate with Purchasing and Receiving Coordinators in getting Purchase Orders, packing slips and receiving documents from sites.
- Assist in processing subcontractor’s timesheets, coding to proper equipment units and obtaining proper approval.
- Review and process employee’s expense claims.
- Review and reconcile vendor statements of account.
- Respond to Head Office and other Aecon division’s inquiries and request for information.
- File vendor’s invoices and respond to vendor’s queries about invoices and payments.
- Assist with month-end and year-end financial reporting (e.g. accruals).
- Assist with internal and external audit requests.
- Provide back up support to Reception and administrative duties when needed.
- Ensure compliance with Aecon policy and procedures.
- Ensure confidentiality of company and client’s information.
- Other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
|Required Knowledge & Skills
- Experience in accounts payable and office administration is an asset.
- Experience using Microsoft Windows Applications such as Microsoft Office and strong data entry skills.
- A quick learner, with excellent data entry and communication skills.
- Ability to work well in a busy team environment.
|Date Req Created
|Contract Start Date
|Contract End Date
|Competition Closing Date
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
||Aecon offers the opportunity to work on challenging, high profile projects and provides competitive compensation and benefits.
||Aecon is an equal opportunity employer.