||Aecon Group Inc. is Canada’s largest, publicly traded construction and infrastructure development company. Aecon and its subsidiaries provide services to private and public sector clients throughout Canada and on a selected basis internationally. Aecon is pleased to be recognized as one of the Best Employers in Canada.
||Aecon Infrastructure brings together state-of-the-art technology, the most recent advances in process, and an experienced team dedicated to the work we perform, ranging from road building to institutional and commercial construction. Built on innovation, we constantly challenge ourselves to meet the demands of existing markets, and anticipate how to serve emerging ones.
||Equipment Operator - Dozer (03-800)
||Aecon is currently working with Somerville on the Inter Pipeline Fund project, work related to the Cold Lake and Polaris pipelines in Alberta. The joint venture includes the installation of 560 kilometers of underground pipeline, construction of pumping stations, metering facilities, junction sites and associated pipeline connections at multiple sites.
Somerville-Aecon, a Joint Venture is currently looking to hire a number of Dozer Operators to assist with the project. The Dozer Operators must be knowledgeable and have experience knowing how weather and operating conditions may affect the dozer as well as using angle blades. They must have good knowledge of the grades, drainage, soil and other ground conditions to effectively operate the dozer.
- Operate heavy equipment to move materials
- Operate D8 and D9 Dozer
- Conduct pre-operational checks on equipment and keep the truck clean
- Must be able to work shift rotations; days and nights
- Must be dependable and reliable
- Required to comply with all road regulations on site
- Be alert to risks or threats in order to prevent losses before they occur
- Give proper care to the operation and maintenance of the equipment
- Report all damage of the equipment to the Team Leader
|Required Knowledge & Skills
- Minimum of 5 years experience operating a D8
- Retention of a valid class five (5) driver’s license and clean drivers abstract is required
- CSTS is required
- Required to operate equipment in a safe manner in congested areas
- Ability to speak, write and read English is required
- College or industry courses in heavy equipment operating is considered an asset
There are occasions when the individual may come into contact with dust due to the site’s conditions and with fluids from the vehicles such as windshield washer, coolant and oil. Vehicle inspection regardless of weather conditions is required daily. Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) is required at all times. There are some physically demanding aspects of the job such as climbing the equipment.
|Contract Start Date
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
Company: Somerville-Aecon, a Joint Venture
Project: Inter Pipeline Fund
Position(s): Equipment Operator – Dozer Position
Type: Permanent, Full-time, Project based
Number(s) Available: 20-30
Wage: $40.00/hr - $42.00/hr
Location: Northern Alberta – Cold Lake Area
Start Date: May 15, 2013
Aecon offers the opportunity to work on challenging, high profile projects and provides competitive compensation and benefits.
||Aecon is an equal opportunity employer.