Apply Now Tell a Friend
||Aecon Group Inc. is Canada’s largest, publicly traded construction and infrastructure development company. Aecon and its subsidiaries provide services to private and public sector clients throughout Canada and on a selected basis internationally. Aecon is pleased to be recognized as one of the Best Employers in Canada.
||Aecon Infrastructure brings together state-of-the-art technology, the most recent advances in process, and an experienced team dedicated to the work we perform, ranging from road building to institutional and commercial construction. Built on innovation, we constantly challenge ourselves to meet the demands of existing markets, and anticipate how to serve emerging ones.
||Senior Contracts Manager (03-800)
||Under the general supervision of the Vice President, Utilities, the Senior Contracts Manager is responsible for coordinating activities such as engineering, operations and estimating to obtain optimum efficiency and maximize projects profits. This position is based in Calgary Alberta, however frequent visits and placements on worksite in the region will be required.
- Studies specifications to plan procedures for construction on basis of starting and completion times and staffing requirements for each phase of construction
- Responsible for the overall planning and scheduling to ensure that the project is constructed in a timely and cost effective manner
- Implement and enforce Aecon’s corporate health and safety program
- Maintain excellent relationships with owner, consultants, subcontractors & public
- Adhere to Aecon’s Policy & Procedures Manual
- Assembles members of organization (supervisory, clerical, engineering, and other workers) at start of project
- Orders procurement of tools and materials to be delivered at specified times to conform to work schedules
- Confers with and directs supervisory personnel and subcontractors engaged in planning and executing work procedures, interpreting specifications, and coordinating various phases of construction to prevent delays
- Confers with supervisory personnel and labor representatives to resolve complaints and grievances within work force (union only)
- Confers with supervisory and engineering personnel and inspectors and suppliers of tools and materials to resolve construction problems and improve construction methods
- Inspects work in progress to ensure that workmanship conforms to specifications and the adherence to construction schedules
- Prepares or reviews reports on progress, materials used and costs, and adjusts work schedules as indicated by reports
- Directs workers concerned with major maintenance or reconditioning projects for existing installations
- Assists in bid process
|Required Knowledge & Skills
- Engineering undergraduate degree ideally in Civil Engineering
- A minimum of 12+ years of leadership and construction experience with waste water, roadways, bridges, pipeline, earthworks and other civil construction projects
- Professional Engineer designation preferred
- The proven ability to successfully manage large and complex construction projects
- Ability to resolve project disputes with minimal management assistance
- Thorough knowledge of all aspects of construction (technology, equipment, methods), industry practices, estimating/budgeting, scheduling and safety requirements
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
||Salary: $100,000.00/yr - $140,000.00/yr
Aecon offers the opportunity to work on challenging, high profile projects and provides competitive compensation and benefits.
||Aecon is an equal opportunity employer.