||Aecon Group Inc. is Canada’s largest, publicly traded construction and infrastructure development company. Aecon and its subsidiaries provide services to private and public sector clients throughout Canada and on a selected basis internationally. Aecon is pleased to be recognized as one of the Best Employers in Canada.
||Aecon Infrastructure brings together state-of-the-art technology, the most recent advances in process, and an experienced team dedicated to the work we perform, ranging from road building to institutional and commercial construction. Built on innovation, we constantly challenge ourselves to meet the demands of existing markets, and anticipate how to serve emerging ones.
|Business Unit Overview
||Aecon Mining is one of Canada’s largest mining and land reclamation contractors in the oilsands today, a position that complements our already well-established role as a leading heavy industrial contractor in the region. The division is uniquely positioned to offer clients a broad range of services, from environmental reclamation and overburden removal to civil, mechanical, and general contracting services.
||Operations/Maintenance Dispatchers (80-800)
||Aecon Mining has an opportunity for Operations/Maintenance dispatchers located in Fort McMurray, Alberta. Dispatcher will be responsible for coordinating and communicating field issues with project manager, forepersons and site superintendents to ensure a smooth running operation.
- Answer radio calls from operators
- Communicate with maintenance on the status of equipment
- Inform forepersons of all necessary information
- Complete field sheets throughout the day
- Update the up/down list in real-time
- Record all barriers experienced during a shift
- Act as a line of communication with employees and client requiring information relating to the operation.
- Other assign duties relating to operations/maintenance
|Required Knowledge & Skills
- Ability to work independently
- Positive and engaging work ethics
- Strong analytical, communication and interpersonal skills
- Handle stressful situations on a daily basis
- Excellent organizational and time management skills in order to manage multiple and diverse projects and priorities concurrently many with tight timelines
- Demonstrated initiative in recognizing opportunities for improvement and efficiency;
- Demonstrated ability using MS Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint);
- Some experience as operator/mechanic on heavy equipment would be an asset
- Previous dispatch experience is an asset but not required
- Possession of a valid driver’s license is a necessity
- Compliance with all Aecon requirements.
- Tickets Required: CSTS, OSSA
|Date Req Created
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
||Aecon offers the opportunity to work on challenging, high profile projects and provides competitive compensation and benefits.
||Aecon is an equal opportunity employer.