Canonbie Contracting Limited is a division of Aecon Group Inc., providing a full range of industrial and construction services including: civil, electrical and mechanical services of piping, insulation, scaffolding and module fabrication. Our superior commitment to the highest quality services stems from our core values of safety, integrity, excellence and profitability. Our exceptional mix of quality and safety is complemented by our employee’s knowledge, skills, experience and client commitment in every job.
We have built our reputation as one of the 50 Best Employers in Canada by achieving a positive, safe, and productive environment for all our employees. Our goal is to employ only the best our industry has to offer.
|| With our head office in Sherwood Park, Alberta, we are ideally located to provide exceptional service to all of our clients.
|Company [Job Posting]
||Aecon Group Inc.
||Reporting to the Labour Relations Manager, the Recruitment Assistant will be responsible for providing administrative support for full cycle recruitment to ensure Canonbie Contracting Limited achieves its recruitment needs. The role will be responsible for supporting recruitment in a variety of programs/initiatives including career fairs, job advertisements, applicant tracking, new hire documentation, union benefits enrollment and employee changes. This position will be cross functional in both the recruitment and coordination aspect of Labour Relations and Human Resources.
- Posting positions internally and/or externally depending on recruitment strategy
- Review, sort and enter resumes received in applicant tracking system
- Arrange, coordinate and interview to ensure positions are filled in a timely and efficient manner
- Maintain interview questionnaires and guides
- Perform reference and credential checks for potential candidates
- Be able to utilize Hiredesk to its full capabilities in candidate tracking and management
- Support craft recruitment in the recruitment and on boarding of craft employees
- Provide weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting on hriring statistics
- Assist with the organization of local and regional job fairs
- Maintain documentation for employees files (personal data changes, status changes, pay rate changes, terminations)
- Assist as required with the temporary foreign worker inititives
- Provide administrative support to the craft and staff recruitment teams
- Participate in site initiatives and maintain relationships with site supervision and craft employees
- Have a firm understanding of company and union benefit programs
- Update and maintain employee information in HR and payroll systems
|Required Knowledge & Skills
- Minimum 1-3 years progressive experience working in Recruitment/Human Resources
- Post Secondary education in Administration or Human Resources Management
- Willing to work towards earning CHRP designation
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Superior organizational and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated professionalism and ability to maintain confidentiality
|Post to Job Board
||CA 0112 – HR
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
Canonbie Contracting strives to be an employer of choice offering employees a competitive salary and benefits package which includes:
Immediate benefit eligibility
- 100% employer paid benefits package
- Health, dental and vision care coverage
- Short term and long term disability coverage
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Basic life insurance
- Basic accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Employer matching pension program
- Employee Share Purchase Program
- Employee Profit Ownership Program
||Canonbie is an equal opportunity employer.