||Aecon Group Inc. is Canada’s largest, publicly traded construction and infrastructure development company. Aecon and its subsidiaries provide services to private and public sector clients throughout Canada and on a selected basis internationally. Aecon is pleased to be recognized as one of the Best Employers in Canada.
||Aecon Infrastructure brings together state-of-the-art technology, the most recent advances in process, and an experienced team dedicated to the work we perform, ranging from road building to institutional and commercial construction. Built on innovation, we constantly challenge ourselves to meet the demands of existing markets, and anticipate how to serve emerging ones.
||Quality Control Technician (03-800)
Under the general supervision of the Operations Manager, the Quality Control Technician shall ensure adherence to all policies and procedures as specified in the Quality Manual. The Quality Control Technician shall also identify, document and track quality audits as well as identify, document and review non-conformances with the Operations and QMS team. The Quality Control Technician will support the operations teams throughout Central and Northern Alberta, performing Pipeline Facilities work through our Joint Venture with Robert B. Somerville.
- Confirms work quality, compliance, and work performance adherence to established standards and codes by conducting field observations and follow-up field audits of Aecon Utilities Crews.
- Confirms work quality and compliance to company specification codes and regulations assuring the integrity of new plant.
- Develop, revise and maintain Quality Assurance checklist(s) as assigned by the Team Lead – QA Verifiers and the QMS Supervisor.
- Performs other Quality Assurance related activities as directed by the QMS Supervisor.
|Required Knowledge & Skills
- Minimum Grade 12 education (required) with preference for post secondary courses e.g. statistical analysis, auditing techniques, quality assurance practices
- Minimum 5 years experience in the construction industry
- Valid Class G Drivers License
- Strong background in management, construction, or coordination of Utility Construction with gas and/or telecommunication infrastructure
- Previous experience with Locates
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Proven people and interpersonal skills; ability to communicate with a diverse group of individuals
- Proven ability to utilize current technologies, i.e. computer skills
- Proven ability to take initiative and leadership
- Strong problem solving skills
- Gas Pipeline Inspector (GPI) Certificate is an asset
- Registration with the Professional Engineers of Alberta an asset
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
||Aecon offers the opportunity to work on challenging, high profile projects and provides competitive compensation and benefits.
||Aecon is an equal opportunity employer.