||Aecon Group Inc. is Canada’s largest, publicly traded construction and infrastructure development company. Aecon and its subsidiaries provide services to private and public sector clients throughout Canada and on a selected basis internationally. Aecon is pleased to be recognized as one of the Best Employers in Canada.
||Aecon Infrastructure brings together state-of-the-art technology, the most recent advances in process, and an experienced team dedicated to the work we perform, ranging from road building to institutional and commercial construction. Built on innovation, we constantly challenge ourselves to meet the demands of existing markets, and anticipate how to serve emerging ones.
|Business Unit Overview
||Aecon Mining is one of Canada’s largest mining and land reclamation contractors in the oilsands today, a position that complements our already well-established role as a leading heavy industrial contractor in the region. The division is uniquely positioned to offer clients a broad range of services, from environmental reclamation and overburden removal to civil, mechanical, and general contracting services.
||Boom Truck Operator (80-800)
||An opportunity exists for a Boom Truck Operator, within in our Aecon Mining Division.
- Responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the boom truck;
- Ensure safe and proper placement of equipment and usage of rigging;
- Loading and unloading of materials and equipment;
- Perform daily safety and maintenance checks;
- Immediately advise of any requirements for maintenance or repairs;
- Be aware of surroundings at all times;
- Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all safety policies and procedures using the appropriate tools and equipment for the task;
- Protect and promote the interest of this company in all matters and to take actions as required to satisfy such responsibilities;
- Ensure safety of fellow employees;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
|Required Knowledge & Skills
- Valid commercial driver’s license with clear driver abstract;
- 2 years similar experience in a construction environment;
- Valid Class 1 drivers license in good standing;
- Must carry journeyperson boom truck/crane ticket up to min 40 ton;
- Must be well versed in construction site protocols, rules and code of conduct;
- Willingness to work in a team environment;
- Ability to operate required equipment in a safe and responsible manner;
- Comply with all safety policies and procedures;
- Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers and supervisors to ensure that projects are completed properly;
- Working safely is a condition of employment.
- This position does not include camp or any accommodations
- This position does not include LOA
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
As per Collective Agreement, base wage range $35.00/hr - $40.00/hr.
Aecon offers the opportunity to work on challenging, high profile projects and provides competitive compensation and benefits.
||Aecon is an equal opportunity employer.