Apply Now Tell a Friend
We are one of the 50 Best Employers in Canada! By achieving a safe and positive work environment for all of our employees we aim to be the best our industry has to offer.
Aecon Group Inc. is Canada’s largest, publicly traded construction and infrastructure development company. Aecon and its subsidiaries provide services to private and public sector clients throughout Canada and on a selected basis internationally. Aecon is pleased to be recognized as one of the Best Employers in Canada.
||Aecon Industrial provides high-performance construction services to a broad array of industrial clients across the country, and offers single-source solutions for multi-trade industrial construction and fabrication projects.
|Business Unit Overview
Aecon Industrial is a market leader in engineering, procurement, construction and maintenance for the heavy industrial sector, including nuclear and non-nuclear power, oil & gas, petrochemical, steel and automotive. Aecon Industrial has a strong focus on power generation, nuclear, hydroelectric, fossil, biomass, and natural gas industries. Maintenance and capital improvement projects are also key componentof our field construction services.
||Under the general supervision of the Estimating & Proposals Manager, the estimator is responsible for the preparation and documentation of cost estimates and executions plan for the construction of projects. Computes costs estimates of raw materials purchased or leased equipment or subcontracted work and labour required in the bid tendering process.
- Develop a strategic and competitive plan for each tender.
- Participation and understanding of both design/build and build to spec contracts.
- Interprets project drawings and specifications, analyzes blueprints, specifications, proposals and other documentation.
- Create sketches, drawings and specifications and develop designs to meet client requirements.
- Responsible for accurate take-off of quantities from project drawings and specifications.
- Responsible for the preparations and documentation of project estimates using Timberline estimating package and following estimating policy and procedures.
- Assist in maintenance and upgrade of the Timberline database including analysis of field feedback on actual work performed.
- Analyze sub-trade quotations, liaison with subcontractors for clarification of issues.
- Estimate Preparation - labour hours, material costs; tender form requirements tool & equipment lists; scheduling; and compile bid packages for subcontractors.
- Costs out potential scope of work changes and bid to construction reviews.
- Costs out potential additional costs claim situations.
- Tender closings i.e.; review of documents, compile proposal information, participate in closing meetings.
- Customer follow-up of proposals.
- Address any addendum’s, change orders etc.
- Participate in turnover meetings with Project Management on successful bids.
- Site visits may be required on more complex tenders.
- Maintains tendering process and set up cost monitoring and reporting systems/procedures.
- Maintain qualified to pass CSIS, RCMP, OPP or other personal security clearances as required.
- Performs such other duties and responsibilities as assigned by his/her supervisor/manager.
- Develop and write reports, business correspondence.
- Present the final product to managers, clients.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
|Required Knowledge & Skills
- Trade certification and/or degree (P.Eng., C.E.T.)
- At least 5 - 10 years minimum experience.
- Presentation skills.
- Effective writing skills.
- Common sense, concentration, imagination, ability to read and understand drawings, self assurance, responsible attitude and leadership qualities.
- Strong computer skills using MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, and Timberline Estimating software.
- Ability to work in a multi-discipline team environment including Aecon personnel, vendors, consultants and clients
|Date Req Created
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
||Aecon offers the opportunity to work on challenging, high profile projects and provides competitive compensation and benefits.
||Aecon is an equal opportunity employer.