Apply Now Tell a Friend
Aecon Group Inc. is Canada’s largest, publicly traded construction and infrastructure development company. Aecon and its subsidiaries provide services to private and public sector clients throughout Canada and on a selected basis internationally. Aecon is pleased to be recognized as one of the Best Employers in Canada.
For over 100 years, Lockerbie & Hole has provided construction services to the commercial, municipal, light industrial and institutional market sectors. The company has successfully completed a diverse range of projects throughout Canada including office towers, shopping centres, hotels, educational institutions, airports, resorts, hospital complexes, municipal water / waste water treatment plants and penal institutions.
|Business Unit Overview
Lockerbie & Hole is proud to be a Canadian company with offices and jobsites nationwide. Our experienced team plans, manages and constructs projects of all sizes using highly automated fabrication and construction practices with advanced technical, reporting & communication systems. Heavily involved in LEED certified construction, Lockerbie & Hole uses the latest green building practices to complete projects that are environmentally sensitive and sustainable for generations to come. Along with our leading edge safety programs, Lockerbie & Hole offers best in class mechanical and electrical construction management and complete mechanical and electrical services.
||Lockerbie & Hole Construction
Reporting to the Senior Purchaser, the Purchaser is responsible for providing purchasing service and support for mechanical and/or electrical operations to assist Lockerbie & Hole in achieving its procurement objectives.
- Purchase standard materials, supplies, tools, equipment and services of a routine nature;
- Follow established limits and quality, quantity and price guidelines;
- Assessing company requirements and developing specifications for items to be purchased;
- Researching materials for price and quality;
- Providing pricing for estimates and assisting with closing estimates;
- Coordinating delivery and expedition of goods, ensuring goods are ordered and delivered in a timely and cost effective manner;
- Inviting tenders, consulting with suppliers and reviewing quotations;
- Locating new sources of supply as required;
- Selecting vendors, placing orders, maintaining records;
- Establishing and maintaining contact with suppliers;
- Meeting with manufacturing representatives to keep current on new products and their uses;
- Determining or negotiating contract terms and conditions, recommending contract awards;
- Contacting clients and suppliers to resolve issues as required;
- Preparing routine and special reports as required;
- Train or direct the work of purchasers, purchasing clerks or assistants;
- When the purchasing clerk or assistant is away assume their responsibilities;
- Continual liaison with field personnel (ensuring open lines of communication, project schedule awareness, deadlines and awareness);
- Manage of or assist in the return of unused goods and/or disposal of surplus material.
|Required Knowledge & Skills
- Completion of post-secondary education;
- At least two (2) years of experience within a procurement department;
- Knowledge of and insight to the mechanical, electrical, industrial and commercial construction industry an asset;
- P.M.A.C. Purchasing Certificate program or enrolment in the C.P.P. Accreditation Program and trade certification related to position specialization is desirable, but not essential;
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Ability to work under pressure in order to meet deadlines and handle multiple tasks within a fast-paced work environment;
- Client service oriented and the ability to work effectively within a team environment;
- Ability to build positive working relationships with professionals within industry and internal clients;
- Strong negotiation, mathematical and analytical skills;
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and oral;
- Solid research skills and commitment to continually learn about new products;
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint).
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
||Aecon offers the opportunity to work on challenging, high profile projects and provides competitive compensation and benefits.
||Aecon is an equal opportunity employer.