Apply Now Tell a Friend
Aecon Group Inc. is Canada’s largest, publicly traded construction and infrastructure development company. Aecon and its subsidiaries provide services to private and public sector clients throughout Canada and on a selected basis internationally. Aecon is pleased to be recognized as one of the Best Employers in Canada.
Aecon Industrial provides high-performance construction services to a broad array of industrial clients across the country, and offers single-source solutions for multi-trade industrial construction and fabrication projects.
|Business Unit Overview
||Aecon Industrial - Western Canada provides a complete range of services to the oil & gas, petrochemical, pulp & paper, mining, and power generation sectors. Our experienced team plans, manages and constructs projects of all sizes using cost-effective solutions to complete client projects on time and on budget. The company offers superior scheduling, quality control, risk management and a leading edge safety program.
Our team provides best in class construction management and industrial services including:
- Pipe Fabrication and Module Assembly
- Civil (concrete)
- On-Site Utility Installations
- Process Piping
- Equipment Assembly & Installation
- Electrical Installation
- Instrumentation and Controls
- Maintenance & Shutdowns
- Materials handling
- Insulation and Fireproofing
- Boiler Installation, Maintenance & Repair
||Aecon Industrial Western
||EHS Advisor - AB/SK
Reporting to the Sr. EHS Advisor or Sr. EHS Advisor/Team Lead AB/SK, the EHS Advisor is responsible for actively promoting a health, safety and environmental culture to all levels of employees with the policies and procedures of Aecon’s Health, Safety and Environmental Manual.
- Conduct employee health and safety orientations
- Conduct site specific safety orientation to workers, owners and clients
- Train supervisors and staff on Aecon Health, Safety and Environmental Manual
- Coordinate training such as WHMIS, First Aid, Fork lift, Propane etc
- Conduct workplace inspections and audits
- Facilitating behavioural observation in the workplace
- Update Material Safety Data Sheets as required
- Develop workplace plans – such as emergency evacuations, fire emergency, traffic controls, fall protection
- Post and maintain safety bulletins, posters, distribution of safety material, supplies and equipment
- Inspects project facilities and recommend corrective actions
- Coordinate activities of site-safety co-ordinators
- Support and assist in the development of return to work and modified work programs
- Perform accident/Incident investigations
- Mediate health and safety issues for resolution
- Prepare and assist with external safety audits
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Document and ensure continuous process improvements are applied within areas of control.
- Participate in special projects and initiatives as required.
- Provide input for studies and analysis of accident trends;
- Liaising with Government agencies
- Work with the WCB Claims Manager to assist with workers compensation claims and associated activities
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
Aecon offers the opportunity to work on challenging, high profile projects and provides competitive compensation and benefits.
Aecon is an equal opportunity employer.