Aecon Group Inc. is Canada’s largest, publicly traded construction and infrastructure development company. Aecon and its subsidiaries provide services to private and public sector clients throughout Canada and on a selected basis internationally. Aecon is pleased to be recognized as one of the Best Employers in Canada.
Aecon Industrial provides high-performance construction services to a broad array of industrial clients across the country, and offers single-source solutions for multi-trade industrial construction and fabrication projects.
|Business Unit Overview
Aecon Industrial - Western Canada provides a complete range of services to the oil & gas, petrochemical, pulp & paper, mining, and power generation sectors. Our experienced team plans, manages and constructs projects of all sizes using cost-effective solutions to complete client projects on time and on budget. The company offers superior scheduling, quality control, risk management and a leading edge safety program.
Our team provides best in class construction management and industrial services including:
- Pipe Fabrication and Module Assembly
- Civil (concrete)
- On-Site Utility Installations
- Process Piping
- Equipment Assembly & Installation
- Electrical Installation
- Instrumentation and Controls
- Maintenance & Shutdowns
- Materials handling
- Insulation and Fireproofing
- Boiler Installation, Maintenance & Repair
||Aecon Industrial Western
Reporting to the Drafting Lead, the Piping Draftsperson is responsible for production of shop fabrication drawings are as per client specifications, codes and Aecon shop fabrication standards using software such as Spoolgen, AutoCAD and Acorn.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Determine all the information shown on the shop drawings is correct but not limited to.
- Cut lengths
- Diameter Inches
- Bill of materials
- Learn how to read and interpret customer specifications
- Ensure company standards are maintained.
- Ensure the spoolers isometric project binders are organized and well maintained.
- Put drawings on hold and off hold in ICMS if asked.
- Write up RFI’s and send to the checker
- Process Revisions as quick as possible.
- Inform the Lead Draftsperson on spooling status.
- Highlight in yellow the spooler’s isometric drawings the portion of the line that has been spooled. Place the control number above the spool tag number. Once all the spools on the isometric have been drawn in the yellow off the drawing number.
|Required Knowledge & Skills
|3-5 years of experience in the piping fabrication industry; Diploma in Engineering Design and Drafting Technology from NAIT or another accredited post-secondary institution; Good working knowledge of Acorn Windows, Spoolgen, AutoCAD Release 2011, and the Microsoft office Proven organizational skills in order to handle multiple deadlines and tasks within a high-pressure work environment; Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, both written and oral;
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
Aecon offers the opportunity to work on challenging, high profile projects and provides competitive compensation and benefits.
Aecon is an equal opportunity employer.