||Aecon Group Inc. is Canada’s largest publicly traded construction and infrastructure development company. Aecon and its subsidiaries provide services to private and public sector clients throughout Canada and on a selected basis internationally. Aecon is pleased to be recognized as one of the Best Employers in Canada.
||Aecon’s Corporate division provides a support system which extends throughout all branches of the company and includes IT services, communications, finance and human resources, among others.
||Aecon’s Salary Payroll department is looking for a dynamic self starter with fair knowledge of Payroll processing, preferably using Ultipro software. Other payroll software experience will also be considered provided the candidate has at least 2 years payroll experience in a medium size organization. Reporting to the Manager, Salary Payroll & Benefits, the candidate will work very closely with the pension & benefits group and other HR Representatives across the country.
||• Process Biweekly & Semi-Monthly payroll for Salary employees across Canada in accordance with established practices and procedures
• Processing of international payroll on a monthly basis
• Collect, analyze , enter, calculate and verify payroll information, including hours and statutory deductions
• Maintain Employee data files (New hires, terminations, wage increases)
• Review timesheets and other pay documents for accuracy, completeness and authorization in accordance with company policies
• Provide backup for payroll team
• Calculate and prepare adjustments, termination pay and special payments
• Prepare and issue ROE’s
• Respond to Employee & HR inquiries
• Coding of employees hours and to appropriate jobs
• Coordination of payroll activities to ensure all pay data is compiled, processed and reconciled on time to meet payroll deadlines
• Process payments to various third parties; garnishments; Canada savings bonds; United Way; Family support deductions in accordance with Provincial and Federal Legislation and according to corporate policies
• Filing and other general duties
• Demonstrate confidentiality and integrity
• Process T4’s and Yearend activities
• Review processes and identify process efficiencies
• Manage yearend timelines and deadlines as they come due
|Required Knowledge & Skills
||• PCP Certificate(Payroll Compliance Practitioner Level Payroll Certificate)
• Minimum 2 years payroll experience
• Analytical and able to prioritize
• Experience with Ultipro Software would be an asset, however other Payroll software experience would also be considered
• The right individual for this role will have strong organization skills and will be a highly motivated, team oriented person who enjoys building relationships and working with other departments towards a common goal
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
|Competition Closing Date
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
||Aecon offers the opportunity to work on challenging, high profile projects and provides competitive compensation and benefits.
||Aecon is an equal opportunity employer