Aecon Industrial provides high-performance construction services to a broad array of industrial clients across the country, and offers single-source solutions for multi-trade industrial construction and fabrication projects. For more information please visit our website (www.aecon.com
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
Reporting to the Director, EPC and Operations, within Aecon Nuclear, the Project Manager is responsible for the successful acquisition, tendering, and management of various projects while ensuring the safety of the manpower and the Work. The Project Manager is responsible for ensuring that the project is completed safely, on schedule, within budget, and in compliance with the Contract, Company Policies and Procedures, and legislative and labour requirements. The Project Manager is the main interface with the client on all technical and commercial matters relating to the Project.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Work with Business Development Manager to establish and maintain customer relations and business opportunities.
· Attend pre-bid meetings, prepare estimate packages, and produce proposal schedules and associated documents, as requested by Management.
· Work with the Proposal Manager to ensure all bids tendered are complete and conform to Tender documents and Company Policies and Procedures
· Act as main interface between Company and Customer, on all project matters.
· Prepare and report project budgets and forecasts, and minimize Company risk through effective management of scope and contract changes.
· Responsible for the overall project planning and scheduling of assigned projects.
· Ensure that all project work activities are in compliance with local legislative and labour requirements, contract requirements, and Company Policies and Procedures.
· Ensure regular maintenance of eCMS job reporting and monthly job status reports, and generate weekly and/or monthly project forecasts for labour hours, productivity, cash flow, expected cost-at-completion, profit margin, and revenue.
· Ensure preparation and submission of project documents, as specified by contract, to the client.
· Prepare and deliver presentations to client, as required.
· Chair project meetings and ensure preparation and distribution of meeting minutes.
· Responsible for implementing and monitoring of the Company’s Safety Policy at the project location.
· Ensures that all Company Policies & Procedures are being followed.
· Ensuring all scope and contract extra’s are approved by the customer.
· Responsible for assembling a project organization to implement the project scope – including: coordination, administration, Quality Assurance, Engineering, trades supervision, and trade labour.
· Identify project risks, problems and issues as early as possible; ensure mitigating actions are in place to minimize impact, and elevate to senior management as appropriate relative to severity
· Implement initiatives to improve project processes, to achieve net improvements for key performance indices
· Monitors and manages contract scope and identifies any scope changes throughout project
· Manages all sub-contractors, tools and equipment required for each project
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
· Post-secondary university or college technical degree and/or equivalent work experience
· Piping/Mechanical/Electrical specific and general construction knowledge
· Engineering drawings interpretation
· Project management knowledge and experience
· Contract law knowledge and contract management experience
· Supervision experience
· Nuclear Quality Assurance program knowledge
· Engineering Change Control program knowledge
· Analytical ability and effective decision making
· Organizational skills
· Strategic planning
· Situational awareness and effective problem solving skills
· Inter-personal communication and negotiation skills
· Scheduling software – Primavera or Microsoft Project
· Computer proficiency – Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, Access, Visio, PowerPoint, Outlook
· Written/oral communication skills
· Profit and results oriented