Aecon Group Inc. is Canada’s largest, publicly traded construction and infrastructure development company. Aecon and its subsidiaries provide services to private and public sector clients throughout Canada and on a selected basis internationally. Aecon is pleased to be recognized as one of the Best Employers in Canada.
||Aecon Infrastructure brings together state-of-the-art technology, the most recent advances in process, and an experienced team dedicated to the work we perform, ranging from road building to institutional and commercial construction. Built on innovation, we constantly challenge ourselves to meet the demands of existing markets, and anticipate how to serve emerging ones.
|Business Unit Overview
Tristar Electric Inc. is a division of the Aecon Group and is recognized around the world for its airport lighting installation techniques.
Tristar Electric has developed new installation techniques that focus on minimizing the operational impact on runways and taxiways. Tristar has earned recognition from Transport Canada, the Greater Toronto Airport Authority’s in-house engineering staff, consulting engineers, road-building contractors and the airfield equipment suppliers.
Tristar’s broad experience in helping to ensure the safety of some of Canada’s busiest airports has earned it a solid reputation for success across the entire airport lighting segment—from runways and taxiways, to aprons, high-mast lighting, electronic signage, and approach systems.
|Company [Job Posting]
||Aecon Group Inc.
||Project Engineer (36800)
||The Project Engineer will function as a technical representative for the construction subcontractors and directly report to the Project or Construction Manager, and as dictated by the project, providing technical oversight, coordination of work performed and compliance with contract documentation.
- Responsible for the organization and direction of construction engineering personnel and activities relating to construction engineering and subcontracts
- Provides technical direction to construction engineers and superintendents in a wide range of construction engineering and design functions relating to multi-discipline engineering in an area or to a single discipline on the overall project
- Provides liaison with the design engineering group
- Provides ongoing constructability input to the design group
- Manages the complex organizational interactions that evolve from the project team and the client
- Represents Engineering in respect to major items with suppliers
- Interprets design drawings and specifications
- Resolves technical problems encountered during the construction of the project
- Supervises field verification of materials
- Maintains project document control
- Prepares change notices and amendments as directed
- Monitors the cost and budget performance during construction, as assigned
- Performs quality control inspections of completed work
- Works in conjunction with the site Managers in developing and implementing work plans and procedures
- Prepares deficiency reports and corrective action reports for project team
|Required Knowledge & Skills
- Bachelor of Engineering Degree from a recognized university, or Diploma from a Technical College in Engineering
- Licensed as a Professional Engineer in Ontario or actively working towards
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in airfields
- Proficient knowledge of project engineering processes and procedures
- Technical knowledge related to engineering systems, calculations and applications of engineering and construction methods and materials
- Proficient using Auto CAD
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
||Aecon offers the opportunity to work on challenging, high profile projects and provides competitive compensation and benefits.
||Aecon is an equal opportunity employer.