||Aecon Group Inc. is Canada’s largest, publicly traded construction and infrastructure development company. Aecon and its subsidiaries provide services to private and public sector clients throughout Canada and on a selected basis internationally. Aecon is pleased to be recognized as one of the Best Employers in Canada.
||Aecon Infrastructure brings together state-of-the-art technology, the most recent advances in process, and an experienced team dedicated to the work we perform, ranging from road building to institutional and commercial construction. Built on innovation, we constantly challenge ourselves to meet the demands of existing markets, and anticipate how to serve emerging ones.
|Business Unit Overview
||Aecon Mining is one of Canada’s largest mining and land reclamation contractors in the oilsands today, a position that complements our already well-established role as a leading heavy industrial contractor in the region. The division is uniquely positioned to offer clients a broad range of services, from environmental reclamation and overburden removal to civil, mechanical, and general contracting services.
||Project Manager/ Quantity Surveyor (80-800)
||Under the supervision of the General Manager, the on-site Project Manager in our Infrastructure division is primarily responsible for the delivery and management of one or multiple large infrastructure projects. Project sizes may vary from $2 million to $80 million in lump sum scope.
- Responsible for the overall planning and scheduling to ensure that the project is constructed in a timely and cost effective manner
- Studies specifications to plan procedures for construction on basis of starting and completion times and staffing requirements for each phase of construction
- Liaise with the client/owners to ensure clear communication is ongoing and an excellent relationship is maintained
- Implement and enforce Aecon’s corporate health and safety program
- Maintain excellent relationships consultants, subcontractors & public
- Adhere to Aecon’s Policy & Procedures Manual
- Confers with and directs supervisory personnel and subcontractors engaged in planning and executing work procedures, interpreting specifications, and coordinating various phases of construction to prevent delays
- Confers with supervisory personnel and labor representatives to resolve complaints and grievances within work force (union only)
- Confers with supervisory and engineering personnel and inspectors and suppliers of tools and materials to resolve problems and improve methods
- Inspects work in progress to ensure that workmanship conforms to specifications and the adherence to schedules
- Prepares or reviews reports on progress, materials used and costs, and adjusts work schedules as indicated by reports
|Required Knowledge & Skills
- Technical school background or equivalent years of mining/civil construction experience
- A minimum of 15 years of construction experience in mining or heavy civil construction projects
- Professional Engineer designation (P.Eng) preferred
- The proven ability to successfully manage large and complex construction projects
- Ability to resolve project disputes with minimal management assistance
- Thorough knowledge of all aspects of construction (technology, equipment, methods), industry practices, estimating/budgeting, scheduling and safety requirements
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
|Date Req Created
|Competition Closing Date
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
||Aecon offers the opportunity to work on challenging, high profile projects and provides competitive compensation and benefits.
||Aecon is an equal opportunity employer.