||Aecon Group Inc. is Canada’s largest, publicly traded construction and infrastructure development company. Aecon and its subsidiaries provide services to private and public sector clients throughout Canada and on a selected basis internationally. Aecon is pleased to be recognized as one of the Best Employers in Canada.
||Aecon Industrial provides high-performance construction services to a broad array of industrial clients across the country, and offers single-source solutions for multi-trade industrial construction and fabrication projects.
|Business Unit Overview
The joint venture between SNC-Lavalin and Aecon has been awarded a contract with Ontario Power Generation (OPG) to carry out the Darlington Retube and Feeder Replacement (RFR) project. The project involves refurbishment of all four reactors at the Darlington Generating Station and consists of two phases – a Definition Phase and an Execution Phase. The Definition Phase includes the construction of a full-scale reactor mock-up to simulate key elements of the refurbishment work, and the development, procurement and testing of specialized tooling required for the project. The Execution Phase involves refurbishment of the reactor cores using the tools and methods that were developed and tested during the Definition Phase.
||The Planning Manager will support the Project Controls Manager in monitoring and controlling the EPCM planning/scheduling, cost control, estimating and change management of the RFR project. The primary role will focus on planning and scheduling.
- Assist the Project Controls Manager in establishing project control policies and preparing, implementing and monitoring plans
- Act in a support role to Project Management for establishing baselines, critical path analysis and forecasting while ensuring compliance with industry best practices
- Coordinate the activities of project control staff (cost, schedule and estimating) in the performance of their assigned tasks as outlined in the project procedures and work instructions
- Assume responsibility for assessing the accuracy of all reports and project deliverables
- Assist in the development and presentation of project controls procedures to clients
- Supervise the work of the planning and scheduling staff in their duties
- Develop rapport with other functions within the company
- Participate in Quarterly Forecasts / Annual Business Plans / Budgets for the Project
- Participate in the gathering of schedule information needed for “claims” and change requests
- Participate in the creation of reporting systems to meet customer requirements
- Verify the accuracy of all planning and scheduling information – including confirmation that schedules have been properly coded, verified and variances to the baseline addressed
- Review and evaluate trends and their impact on project schedules
- Support the change management process and registers
- Assess progress measurement and developing/updating progress curves for progress reporting
|Required Knowledge & Skills
- A degree in Engineering from a recognized institution is preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of related planning & scheduling experience
- Knowledge of PM+ and other project management tools would be an asset
- Experience in an EPC environment is preferred
- Advanced knowledge and experience in Primavera Project Manager
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office (particularly Excel)
- Results oriented individual with the ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and time lines
- People oriented with an ability to establish a high degree of credibility with staff and clients
- A strong leader who can motivate and engage a team with demonstrated strength in leading highly complex groups
- An excellent written and verbal communicator with superior interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Commitment to working in a team environment
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
||Aecon offers the opportunity to work on challenging, high profile projects and provides competitive compensation and benefits.
||Aecon is an equal opportunity employer.