Apply Now Tell a Friend
||Aecon Group Inc. is Canada’s largest, publicly traded construction and infrastructure development company. Aecon and its subsidiaries provide services to private and public sector clients throughout Canada and on a selected basis internationally. Aecon is pleased to be recognized as one of the Best Employers in Canada.
||Aecon Infrastructure brings together state-of-the-art technology, the most recent advances in process, and an experienced team dedicated to the work we perform, ranging from road building to institutional and commercial construction. Built on innovation, we constantly challenge ourselves to meet the demands of existing markets, and anticipate how to serve emerging ones.
|Business Unit Overview
For over 100 years, Lockerbie & Hole Contracting Limited has provided construction services to the commercial, municipal, light industrial and institutional market sectors. The company has successfully completed a diverse range of projects throughout Canada including office towers, shopping centres, hotels, educational institutions, airports, resorts, hospital complexes, municipal water / waste water treatment plants and penal institutions.
Lockerbie & Hole is proud to be a Canadian company with offices and jobsites nationwide. Our experienced team plans, manages and constructs projects of all sizes using highly automated fabrication and construction practices with advanced technical, reporting & communication systems. Heavily involved in LEED certified construction, Lockerbie & Hole Contracting uses the latest green building practices to complete projects that are environmentally sensitive and sustainable for generations to come. Along with our leading edge safety programs, Lockerbie & Hole Contracting offers best in class mechanical construction management and complete mechanical services.
||Lockerbie & Hole Contracting
Reporting to the Chief Estimator the Senior Estimator is responsible for working on and completing estimates for publically tendered & negotiated projects and providing estimating support to design-build & P-3 proposal pursuit teams, as well as our project management groups.
- Develop an estimate or proposal package from beginning to end. This task may include performing, executing, and or the coordination of all or some of the listed tasks, below:
- Project take-off (quantity survey) and write-up (primarily electronic input);
- Prepare requests for quotations to suppliers, subs, etc.;
- Develop our bid labour & material requirements, complete with pricing;
- Assist the project management team in developing project budgets;
- Active participant in project start up and close out meetings;
- Work with the Chief Estimator & operations to develop project indirect costs and overheads for each estimate;
- Work with the Chief Estimator in determining a prospects list;
- Develop the above areas into proposal pricing, whether it is a lump sum, unit price, cost plus or cost reimbursable c/w fixed fee scenario. Pricing to be developed using company methods and productivity’s whenever possible for management review prior to proposal date;
- Develop and maintain relationships with general contractors, owners, consultants, and subcontractors;
- Work and assist procurement team in relationships with suppliers;
- Work with procurement team to develop a network of finding new subcontractors and suppliers in an effort to obtain optimal pricing;
- Develop proposal letter – including the preparation of our bid’s “Exceptions and Clarification” & “Terms & Conditions” list, bid breakdowns and tender forms c/w labour & equipment rates;
- Maintain and update estimate labour rates and charge out rates;
- Maintain and file estimates;
- Maintain and update equipment rental rates;
- Attend feedback meetings with procurement and operations in order to fine tune estimating parameters;
- Understand all tender requirements that may include perusal of bonding, insurance, WCB, and Registration forms.
|Required Knowledge & Skills
- A general knowledge of Contract/Owner/Engineer General Terms and Conditions;
- Relevant mechanical trade and field experience or technical education;
- Good understanding of plumbing and HVAC systems;
- Good understanding of mechanical drawings and ability to interpret schematics and P&ID’s;
- Excellent and proven organizational skills and have the ability to time manage and formulate plans in order to meet multiple deadlines and handle multiple; tasks within a high-pressure work environment;
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skill, both written and oral;
- Demonstrated computer software proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel);
- Ability to interpret specifications as they pertain to mechanical scope;
- Ability to read, understand and make timely changes related to addenda;
- Ability to value engineer mechanical designs;
- Ability to supervise & mentor intermediate and junior estimators and work effectively in a team environment;
- Knowledge on the Preparation of Preliminary Resource Loaded Schedules, Manpower Loading Charts, Work Execution Plans, Organization Charts, etc. would be an asset;
- Good understanding of mechanical subcontracted trades in order to procure subcontract pricing & analyze scope;
- Good understanding of industry practices on mechanical trade scope;
- Knowledge of relevant plumbing codes, ASHRAE standards, ASME codes and CSA standards relevant to the PHVAC & mechanical trades;
- Ability to treat fellow employees, clientele, suppliers and subcontractors fairly, while working in a highly ethical environment;
- Ability to provide an opinion on risk during bid review with management;
- Basic knowledge of estimating software would be an asset;
- Willing to travel to job sites as required;
- Willing to assume a temporary term in the role of Project Coordinator/Manager;
- LEED accreditation would be an asset.
|Date Req Created
|Competition Closing Date
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
|| Aecon offers the opportunity to work on challenging, high profile projects and provides competitive compensation and benefits.
||Aecon is an equal opportunity employer.