||Aecon Group Inc. is Canada’s largest, publicly traded construction and infrastructure development company. Aecon and its subsidiaries provide services to private and public sector clients throughout Canada and on a selected basis internationally. Aecon is pleased to be recognized as one of the Best Employers in Canada.
||Aecon Infrastructure brings together state-of-the-art technology, the most recent advances in process, and an experienced team dedicated to the work we perform, ranging from road building to institutional and commercial construction. Built on innovation, we constantly challenge ourselves to meet the demands of existing markets, and anticipate how to serve emerging ones.
|Business Unit Overview
||We are one of the 50 Best Employers in Canada! By achieving a safe and positive work environment for all of our employees we aim to be the best our industry has to offer. Established in 1973, South Rock Ltd. is Southern Alberta's leading road construction contractor. Part of the Aecon group of companies, South Rock specializes in highway and municipal construction, cold planning and profiling, pavement repairs, gravel base, and equipment rentals.
Under the general supervision of the Controller, the Receptionist and Office Administrator is the first point of contact at the South Rock Ltd. office and will provide administrative support for the office. This position requires the ability to work independently, and project a professional appearance at all times.
- Answer phones and attend to visitors at the front desk.
- Direct phone calls and visitors to the appropriate personnel.
- Check phones messages regularly as calls can be missed during the day. Ensure the phones are on the proper mode for the time of day (ie 2 or 5 rings before flipping to voicemail).
- Keep the front entrance and reception area neat, tidy and presentable at all times.
- Provide assistance to the accounting, payroll, project and admin areas as requested in filing, matching invoices with shipping documents & PO or photocopying materials.
- Coordinate office administration matters (e.g. janitorial services, social events, etc.)
- Monitor the supplies inventory, and replenish when required. This includes stationary and cleaning supplies.
- Maintain the kitchen area ensuring it remains in order.
- Order water and coffee supplies as required.
- Organize and distribute all incoming faxes including resumes.
- Provide admin assistance in preparing mailings or courier requests
- Other related general administrative duties as required
|Required Knowledge & Skills
- Experience as an administrative assistant
- Experienced and proven team player
- High School Diploma
- Superior working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Good typing speed and accuracy
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
||Aecon offers the opportunity to work on challenging, high profile projects and provides competitive compensation and benefits.
||Aecon is an equal opportunity employer.