||Aecon Group Inc. is Canada’s largest, publicly traded construction and infrastructure development company. Aecon and its subsidiaries provide services to private and public sector clients throughout Canada and on a selected basis internationally. Aecon is pleased to be recognized as one of the Best Employers in Canada.
||Aecon Industrial provides high-performance construction services to a broad array of industrial clients across the country, and offers single-source solutions for multi-trade industrial construction and fabrication projects.
|Business Unit Overview
||The joint venture between SNC-Lavalin and Aecon has been awarded a contract with Ontario Power Generation (OPG) to carry out the Darlington Retube and Feeder Replacement (RFR) project. The project involves refurbishment of all four reactors at the Darlington Generating Station and consists of two phases – a Definition Phase and an Execution Phase. The Definition Phase includes the construction of a full-scale reactor mock-up to simulate key elements of the refurbishment work, and the development, procurement and testing of specialized tooling required for the project. The Execution Phase involves refurbishment of the reactor cores using the tools and methods that were developed and tested during the Definition Phase.
||Lead Document Controller
||The Lead Document Controller will report to the Project Manager.
Assists in maintaining Department Standards and Procedures;
- Leads the design and development of project document management systems, methods and controls;
- Champions the development of improved document flows to reduce timelines in processing document transfers;
- Participates in project planning and associated staffing;
- Coordinates document management activities with internal departments and clients;
- Single point of contact with internal and external customers;
- Ensures quality of all drawings and documents prior to issue (Administrative check);
- Exercises independent judgment in selecting and interpreting information, handling deviations from standard methods and resolving difficulties;
- Compiles and issues monthly progress status reports.
|Required Knowledge & Skills
- College graduate with ten years of Document Control / Management experience, or an equivalent combination of education and related experience;
- Capacity to determine program objectives / requirements to develop standards / procedures for diverse engineering and construction document management activities;
- Experience working in a project environment, with Engineering drawings and documentation;
- Knowledge of engineering terminology is an asset;
- Proficient in using computerized Document Management applications / Electronic Document Management Systems (EDMS);
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Decisive, with an ability to speak with a level of confidence to various individuals across the organization;
- Demonstrated leadership skills, with the ability to manage a project team towards a common goal;
- Demonstrated capability of working under tight timelines;
- Willingness to embrace change, with a drive to champion the implementation of quality / continuous improvement initiatives;
- Work driven with a high level of engagement and energy.
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
||Aecon offers the opportunity to work on challenging, high profile projects and provides competitive compensation and benefits.
||Aecon is an equal opportunity employer.