||Aecon Group Inc. is Canada’s largest, publicly traded construction and infrastructure development company. Aecon and its subsidiaries provide services to private and public sector clients throughout Canada and on a selected basis internationally. Aecon is pleased to be recognized as one of the Best Employers in Canada.
||Aecon’s Corporate division provides a support system which extends throughout all branches of the company and includes IT services, communications, finance, business development, marketing and human resources, among others.
||Senior Manager, Budgeting and Analysis
The position will support the preparation of the annual budgets, quarterly forecasts and any other financial analysis as required and will report into the Director of Budgeting and Financial Analysis .
- Assist in the preparation of the Company’s consolidated annual budget and quarterly forecasts, including income statements, balance sheets, cash flow and supporting schedules;
- Lead the development of Corporate departmental SG&A budgets and forecasts in concert with the respective department heads;
- Investigate/analyse Corporate departmental variances from budgets/forecasts on a monthly/quarterly basis – working closely with department heads;
- Assist in the development of Corporate Balance Sheet forecasts;
- Review and/or preparation of various monthly/quarterly analytical reports;
- Work closely with finance personnel at each operating division to develop methodologies/approaches that will enhance the accuracy of income statement, balance sheet and cash flow forecasting;
- Foster a partnership with key personnel in the financial, legal, tax and accounting groups as a means of identifying current and future issues that should be reflected in the Company’s budget and/or strategic plan;
- Provide analytical and modeling capabilities to help in assessing the impact of various strategic initiatives on the actual and forecasted financial condition of the Company;
- Keep abreast of developments in software that can aid the Company’s planning and forecasting
- Provide assistance (including ad hoc financial analysis) to the Corporate Finance & Administration department as required under the direction of the SVP, Finance.
|Required Knowledge & Skills
- Designated Accountant (CMA/CGA/CA)
- 5 to 7 years of experience in a financial reporting, budgeting and financial analysis capacity
- Good knowledge of GAAP (particularly as it applies to construction contractors)
- Superior and demostrated financial modeling skills
- Excellent knowledge of desktop technology such as Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
||Aecon offers the opportunity to work on challenging, high profile projects and provides competitive compensation and benefits.
||Aecon is an equal opportunity employer.