||Aecon Group Inc. is Canada’s largest, publicly traded construction and infrastructure development company. Aecon and its subsidiaries provide services to private and public sector clients throughout Canada and on a selected basis internationally. Aecon is pleased to be recognized as one of the Best Employers in Canada.
||Aecon Infrastructure brings together state-of-the-art technology, the most recent advances in process, and an experienced team dedicated to the work we perform, ranging from road building to institutional and commercial construction. Built on innovation, we constantly challenge ourselves to meet the demands of existing markets, and anticipate how to serve emerging ones.
||Northern Alberta - Cold Lake
||Office Clerk (03-800)
||Reporting to the Project Manager, the Office Clerk works closely with Aecon's payroll team back in Toronto as well as supports the daily activities of the job site. Our job sites are located throughout Northern Alberta focusing on performing Pipeline Facilities work through our Joint Venture with Robert B. Somerville.
- Performs administrative duties for job sites ensuring all documentation regarding timesheets, equipment usage and all personnel related allowances are transferred to Accounting daily or weekly as required.
- Maintains petty cash for site.
- Learns, interprets and applies organizational policies, rules and regulations.
- Tracks, records and reports attendance of all site personnel, board allowance and vehicle allowance.
- Tracks total tonnage/ M3 and reconciles all vendor summaries for aggregates, concrete, etc., providing daily summaries to owner and weekly summaries to Project Engineer for productivity reports.
- Establishes accounts with local suppliers for miscellaneous items for site.
- May need to provide transportation to hospital for injured employees, making sure WSIB forms are completed at hospital and forwarded to Safety Department.
- Ensures and assists in the completion of accident reports.
- Establishes and dismantles site offices as required.
- Meets and greets all visitors in a positive friendly manner.
- Maintains an organized filing system on site.
- Performs such other duties and responsibilities depending on the type of job i.e. grading, structures, paving or rehab.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by his/her supervisor.
|Required Knowledge & Skills
- High school and a minimum of one year Business School.
- Advanced level of computer skills in Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
- Strong communication skills, ability to deal tactfully with employees, visitors and customers.
- Must possess 2 + years of office related experience with knowledge of purchasing, accounts payable and payroll. Basic accounting knowledge is an asset.
- Working knowledge pertaining to modern office methods and procedures, equipment and filing systems.
- Training in Safety and experience in the construction industry is an asset.
- Must be a team player, be able to work independently and prioritize work load.
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
||Aecon offers the opportunity to work on challenging, high profile projects and provides competitive compensation and benefits.
||Aecon is an equal opportunity employer.