||Aecon Group Inc. is Canada’s largest, publicly traded construction and infrastructure development company. Aecon and its subsidiaries provide services to private and public sector clients throughout Canada and on a selected basis internationally. Aecon is pleased to be recognized as one of the Best Employers in Canada.
||Aecon Industrial provides high-performance construction services to a broad array of industrial clients across the country, and offers single-source solutions for multi-trade industrial construction and fabrication projects.
|Business Unit Overview
||The joint venture between SNC-Lavalin and Aecon has been awarded a contract with Ontario Power Generation (OPG) to carry out the Darlington Retube and Feeder Replacement (RFR) project. The project involves refurbishment of all four reactors at the Darlington Generating Station and consists of two phases – a Definition Phase and an Execution Phase. The Definition Phase includes the construction of a full-scale reactor mock-up to simulate key elements of the refurbishment work, and the development, procurement and testing of specialized tooling required for the project. The Execution Phase involves refurbishment of the reactor cores using the tools and methods that were developed and tested during the Definition Phase.
||Sr. Mechanical Engineer
An opportunity exists within the Aecon/SNC Joint Venture for a Senior Mechanical Engineer for the Retube and Feeder Replacement (RFR) project team located at the SNC-Lavalin office in Oakville, Ontario. The Senior Mechanical Engineer will report to the Project Engineering Manager and will be responsible for conceptual design, preparation and review of relevant documentation, and providing guidance to designers and draftsmen.
Supporting the technical activities of all Mechanical Engineering Department personnel.
- Providing technical guidance, working instructions, and supporting the application of sound Engineering principles and procedures to meet corporate and project quality and performance standards.
- Supporting all Engineering activities in compliance with applicable Codes, Standards and Regulations
- Facilitating and promoting the introduction of technical innovations within the organization.
- Assisting with the technical mentoring of Project personnel and supervising the engineering team’s performance and quality of work.
- Providing technical guidance and engineering support for performing design and construction activities, making final decisions within those design and construction activities
- Developing requirements for the conduct of Engineering practice and maintaining a day-to-day knowledge of the skills and availability of individuals within their respective specialties
- Reviewing and recommending available design tools
- Act as a liaison with engineering representatives of other disciplines internally and externally
- Ensuring the quality and consistency, accuracy and neatness of Mechanical Engineering deliverables
- Assigning specific actions to correct performance deficiencies
- Participating in formal design reviews and audits
- Ensure the confidentiality of all proprietary information in any and all forms as it relates to business and product development, company patents, current research, projects and developments and sign legal agreement for same
- Certain knowledge of the requirements for safety, environmental and seismic in the Nuclear industry in coordination with engineers engaged in solving problems concerned
- Evaluate efficiency of office engineering practice and programs.
|Required Knowledge & Skills
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering with a minimum of 15 years experience (10 years in Nuclear).
- Registered Professional Engineer in the Province of Ontario and member in good standing.
- Experience within the Nuclear sector, in particular new builds, life extension and refurbishments.
- Good knowledge of Nuclear facility mechanical and process equipment.
- Proficiency in office-related software applications including Microsoft Word and Excel. In addition, proficiency with any of Solidworks, Autocad, ANSYS, and/or Mathcad would be an advantage.
- Extensive knowledge of relevant codes and standards, in particular CSA N285.0 and ASME III.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience in dealing with the CNSC and TSSA.
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
||Aecon offers the opportunity to work on challenging, high profile projects and provides competitive compensation and benefits.
||Aecon is an equal opportunity employer.