||Aecon Group Inc. is Canada’s largest, publicly traded construction and infrastructure development company. Aecon and its subsidiaries provide services to private and public sector clients throughout Canada and on a selected basis internationally. Aecon is pleased to be recognized as one of the Best Employers in Canada.
||Aecon Infrastructure brings together state-of-the-art technology, the most recent advances in process, and an experienced team dedicated to the work we perform, ranging from road building to institutional and commercial construction. Built on innovation, we constantly challenge ourselves to meet the demands of existing markets, and anticipate how to serve emerging ones.
||Human Resources Generalist
||Reporting to the Director, Human Resources, the HR Generalist will be responsible for a variety of functions in the areas of recruitment and selection, performance management, employee relations, training and development and HR administration.
- Build effective business relationships within each client group to understand their operational people needs and proactively develop, introduce, and implement innovative solutions
- Participate in the roll-out of such programs as Talent Reviews, Succession Planning and Employee Engagement
- Counsel managers in areas such as conflict resolution, attrition, disability management and discipline
- Resolve complex HR issues in creative and effective ways, applying knowledge across disciplines of HR including comp, performance management, training, employee relations, workforce planning
- Perform confidential investigations as required
- Provide counsel and feedback to improve effectiveness of ongoing performance, coaching and performance improvement plans
- Initiate and support succession planning activities
- Promote HR initiatives and work with business unit management team to achieve goals and objectives
- Support the annual salary review process, offer advice and counsel as required
- Participate in developing, recommending, and implementing HR policies, standards and procedures
- Generate ad hoc reports for management
- Deliver training programs as required
- Build talent pipelines through proactive recruitment
- Constantly search for and recommend areas for continuous improvement for the AGI HR team
|Required Knowledge & Skills
|Date Req Created
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
||Aecon offers the opportunity to work on challenging, high profile projects and provides competitive compensation and benefits.
||Aecon is an equal opportunity employer.