||Aecon Group Inc. is Canada’s largest, publicly traded construction and infrastructure development company. Aecon and its subsidiaries provide services to private and public sector clients throughout Canada and on a selected basis internationally. Aecon is pleased to be recognized as one of the Best Employers in Canada.
||Aecon Infrastructure brings together state-of-the-art technology, the most recent advances in process, and an experienced team dedicated to the work we perform, ranging from road building to institutional and commercial construction. Built on innovation, we constantly challenge ourselves to meet the demands of existing markets, and anticipate how to serve emerging ones.
|Business Unit Overview
||With hallmark projects past and present, Aecon Buildings continues to provide the GTA and southern Ontario with an extensive range of construction management services to some of today’s fast-growing industry segments, including education, healthcare, commercial and hospitality sectors. Clients from both the private and public sectors rely on Aecon’s experienced project teams for collaborative preconstruction, design-build, general contracting, tenant improvements and ongoing programs work.
||Regional Facility Manager- Sudbury (02400)
Reporting to the Aecon Senior Facility Account Manager, the Regional Facility Manager is required to manage all in-scope aspects of facility operations and maintenance for all assigned sites within their designated region on behalf of the client.
There in an opening for this opportunity for our Sudbury region.
- Oversee the consistent operation of the local workplace of the facility and supporting both the client’s and Aecon’s organizational goals and objectives
- Work with the regional Client Building Managers, developing and implementing programs to maximize the utilization of the facility assets
- Manage the day to day operations for all sites in the region, include but not limited to facilities maintenance, building operations, fire safety, and in-scope employee services
- Implementing and managing work orders and job completion using the IWMS system, ensuring the system data is maintained current for all assigned sites within the region
- Ensure the facility is in compliance with building codes, legislative compliance and environment, health and safety standards, in addition to meeting client EHS standards
- Maintain the optimal function of the building infrastructure by developing and implementing short and long term facility life cycle programs.
- Work with the client to create capital replacement plans based on life cycle program and equipment maintenance trends
- Develop and managing the regional operating budget including monthly reporting and processing of invoices, managing within or below budget
- Manage contractor performance relating to the budget and service level agreements for all outsourced services
- Coordinate small project requests and approvals with client, and interfaces with Project team for delivery
- Ensure the facility services, activities and processes meet end user needs and expectations consistently while complying with departmental and company standards, policies and practices
- Meet or exceed Key Performance Indicators as established with client
- Coordinate facility and related communications as appropriate on projects and/or incidents
- Work collaboratively with all regional peers in establishing and delivering agreed levels of service in a seamless manner to all clients.
- Manage, lead and mentor facilities staff in carrying out operations and career development objectives and goals
|Required Knowledge & Skills
- College/University education
- Minimum seven to ten years of facilities management experience, preferably as a service provider, with strong written, verbal and presentation skills
- CFM, FMP designations an asset
- An overall understanding of quality client services, a proven track record of working in multi-functional service teams, and a strong business acumen
- Strong leadership skills, with experience in building client relationships
- Strong self starter with a quality work ethic, who is customer service focused
- Flexible and open to change, ability to manage work and prioritize in a changing environment
- Ability to train others, manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Ability to plan, implement and maintain Preventative Maintenance (PM) Programs and have previous experience managing that component of the Operations
- Familiar with TSSA codes, applicable building codes and any other governing regulations
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word and Outlook
- Proficiency with help desk/request tracking and task management type systems
- Independent thinking and problem solving skills required on a daily basis as well as exceptional customer service
- Must hold a valid driver’s license
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
||Aecon offers the opportunity to work on challenging, high profile projects and provides competitive compensation and benefits.
||Aecon is an equal opportunity employer.