||Aecon Group Inc. is Canada’s largest, publicly traded construction and infrastructure development company. Aecon and its subsidiaries provide services to private and public sector clients throughout Canada and on a selected basis internationally. Aecon is pleased to be recognized as one of the Best Employers in Canada.
Aecon’s Salary Payroll department is looking for Payroll Accountant for our 20 Carlson Court Office in Toronto. This position reports to the Manager of Salary Payroll. The sucessfull candidate will be working very closely with other divisional accountants across the company and the country.
- Generate and balance Payroll Journal Entries for regular and off-cycle payroll runs as necessary
- Reconcile, balance and remit to CRA, Ministry of Revenue, and WSIB/WCB as required by federal and provincial regulations
- Reconcile Payroll GL clearing accounts and intercompany accounts
- Respond to general inquires by financial departments
- Participate in audits, including WSIB/WCB and CRA as needed Year-End balancing for all RP accounts and other payroll tax accounts - investigate differences
- Prepare monthly variance analysis for Infrastructure SBUs
- Participate in reconciliations of common GL accounts (salary/hourly)
- Provide back-up to Hourly payroll for CRA and WSIB/WCB remittances Monthly cost split for Infrastructure SBU's
- Enter and maintain GL codes for new hires and or transfers and any GL changes
- Provide Payroll GL Detail reports required by financial departments
|Required Knowledge & Skills
- Minimum 2 years payroll accounting experience in a medium size organization
- Good excel skills
- Analytical and able to prioritize
- The right individual for this role will have strong organization skills, will be a highly motivated, team oriented person who enjoys building relationships and working with other departments towards a common goal
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written) would be an asset to this role
- If you would like to learn more about this opportunity please submit your resume for immediate consideration.
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
||Aecon offers the opportunity to work on challenging, high profile projects and provides competitive compensation and benefits.
||Aecon is an equal opportunity employer.