Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Based in Newfoundland, you will be working for one of the world’s leading engineering, procurement and construction companies. To meet client commitments and future growth opportunities, we are seeking qualified experienced Superintendent candidates for field positions.
||• Implement an effective safety program to meet applicable regulations
• Participate with Contracts in managing Conditions of Changes
• Assistance will be required in maintaining progress of assigned Area and/or Contractor. Information will be provided to Cost and Schedule Control
• Coordinates with the Engineer Manager and Project Engineering to resolve technical problems encountered during the construction phase
• Plans, schedules, and coordinates the work with contractors to insure conformance to construction schedules. Insures conformance to project work rules and regulations. Monitor and audit the performance of contactor personnel in assuring that work is completed according to specifications, plans, construction schedules, applicable safety regulations, and quality requirements
• Participates in meetings where the specific function expertise is required.
• Coordinates with Contract administrators, Field Engineering, Home Office Engineering, and Construction Supervisors with regard to quality problems.
• Participates in weekly review meetings to review and discuss work progress, and area plans in order to resolve problems of schedule delays indicated by trend data.
• Maintain effective relations with clients and the community.
||• Oil & gas and/or mining experience required.
• 10 plus years successfully managed discipline activities on projects
• Fully knowledgeable and experienced in the means, processes and methods needed to be successful on an industrial construction site
• Successfully supervised and managed a minimum of 100 craft personnel as well as activities of multiple contractors.