To apply for a job, please click on the Apply Now!
If you do not see a job that is suitable for you, feel free to make a general resume submission by clicking on the Submit Resume
button at the top.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
Diversity, equity and inclusion are fundamental to our mission to educate students. We are committed to education that places strong emphasis on global citizenship, social justice and equity. We live this value through the strength and richness that diversity brings to our workforce and welcome contributors from equity groups including: Aboriginal Peoples, Visible Minorities, Persons with Disabilities, Lesbian Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer persons
||Administrative Assistant to Dean of Students
Student and Community Engagement
(This position is initially open to full time, bargaining unit employees of the college)
The Administrative Assistant to Dean is an important role assisting in the provision of professional and comprehensive services for the Dean of Student’s office. The incumbent provides a range of administrative supports to the Dean of Students, Student Life Enhancement Division (SLED), handles the day-to-day operations of the Dean’s Office and supports SLED activities and events as required. The incumbent also provides support to the Administrative Manager of Student and Community Engagement.
- Acts as the first point of contact for the Dean of Student’s office, answering enquiries, recording and directing general complaints in person or by phone, or advising students and others concerning procedures
- Provides comprehensive and high quality administrative support to underpin the various roles and functions of the Dean, and when required, service to the Senior Management Team, including support for corporate wide activities and projects.
- Prepares a variety of communication documents such as letters, memos, reports and communiqués to internal and external stakeholders based on written briefings, or verbal instructions from the Dean
- Reviews and assesses incoming mail, notifying the Dean about any material requiring his/her attention/action. Logs, tracks and ensures that all correspondence is assigned to appropriate staff and that responses meet required deadlines.
- Uses tact and discretion when dealing with a variety of corporate clients, staff at various levels, union officers, students and government officials, and forwards inquiries to the Dean or to appropriate college staff for action.
- Coordinates all travel arrangements for the Dean and his/her participation at various conferences/workshop/professional development country-wide.
- Responds to requests for meetings or appointments with the Dean, ascertains the purpose or nature of the request, and arranges appointments electronically. Orders appropriate catering or equipment needs and makes room-booking arrangements
- Tracks departmental attendance by recording sick leave, vacation, and leave requests under the College’s Banner system, and acts a liaison with Human Resources to discuss problems and issues related to attendance records.
- Maintains an electronic and print-based filing system for the Dean’s office
- Plans and provides administrative support to College Committees, groups and meetings as required, including : preparation of attendance lists, agendas: liaises between committees and the Dean,: produces , gathers and distributes relevant documentations; , assists the Dean on following up on action items; writes and reviews meeting reports within the scope of the position.
- 2 year College diploma in office administration or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum three years’ work experience gained as a team player in a service oriented office environment combined with administrative responsibilities.
- Experience in organising meetings, developing agendas and preparing minutes.
- Demonstrated experience of front line customer service and knowledge and commitment to high standards of service and appreciation of good customer care practices.
- Ability to work independently and effectively on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Ability to work well, with speed and accuracy, under pressure.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working and team relationships.
- Demonstrated tact, diplomacy and ability to maintain high levels of confidentiality.
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated customer service skills; service oriented.
- Multi-tasking requirements within the position; ability to deal with a high volume of work and conflicting demands.
- Experience, knowledge and understanding of working effectively in a diverse environment.
||Permanent - Support
|Hours of Work
|Additional Information as Applicable
||Current Shift Schedule: 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM, Mon to Fri
Apply online by clicking the "Apply Now!" button
"Proof of credentials or equivalencies from accredited regional or federal post secondary institutions and/or their foreign equivalents will be required at the time of job offer."
When applying, your cover letter and résumé must include examples that reflect all of the requested skills and qualifications and must be submitted online by December 14, 2012 at 4:30 PM. Please quote Competition #12-S-65. Misrepresentation of applicant information will be grounds for your exclusion from the competition or for dismissal should you subsequently be hired for the position. We regret we cannot accept phone calls. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted
||$23.09 - $26.76/ hour (Payband E)