To apply for a job, please click on the Apply Now!
If you do not see a job that is suitable for you, feel free to make a general resume submission by clicking on the Submit Resume
button at the top.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
Diversity, equity and inclusion are fundamental to our mission to educate students. We are committed to education that places strong emphasis on global citizenship, social justice and equity. We live this value through the strength and richness that diversity brings to our workforce and welcome contributors from equity groups including: Aboriginal Peoples, Visible Minorities, Persons with Disabilities, Lesbian Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer persons.
||Reporting to the Admissions Manager, the Admissions Representative is responsible for determining the admissibility of “new entrants” for three major intake periods. The incumbent responds to a wide variety of general information requests regarding college programs and subject offerings as well as general College inquiries. The incumbent also responds to enquiries in-person, by phone or email providing specific admissions information for individuals. Admissions representatives, attend service fairs and information sessions and during peak periods, provide enrolment services and front counter admissions services.
- Provides a full-range of admissions and registration information and services to applicants and new entrants for assigned academic program areas. Is fully versed in all academic admission requirements and backs peers as required.
- Advises new entrants of admissions procedures, available program choices and alternatives or alternative methods for achieving admission requirements. Uses appropriate college publications and related materials or refers to appropriate college department.
- Reviews and evaluates applications for admission using established Admission practices.
- Reviews and evaluates applications, academic records and transcripts for completeness of data; validates and determines admissibility. Communicates with applicants to resolve problems and information gaps that may prevent admission into programs of their choice.
- Updates applicant records within student information admissions module with appropriate acceptance/denial decisions based on admission criteria; provides regular updates to the admissions team leads and academic leads.
- Monitors, maintains and continuously validates completeness, accuracy and security of data that he/she has posted to Banner to ensure integrity and accuracy.
- Informs Admission team of any processes, practices, procedures or problems affecting accuracy, security and effectiveness of reports, Banner Admissions and related online systems; provides workable recommendations that may assist in resolving issues.
- Monitors program quotas throughout the admission cycle , maintains program ‘wait lists’, and solicits replacements as spaces become available.
- Consults with admissions leads and academic leads to discuss strategies to achieve enrolment targets for assigned program areas.
- Administers transfer credits for first-semester students – receives and verifies packages and updates student records
- Completion of a post-secondary certificate or diploma in Business or a related area of study, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum three years of related practical experience; experience in a post-secondary education Admissions and/ or Registrar’s office preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of PC software and of integrated student information database systems (e.g., Computerized Student Information Systems, Windows, Microsoft Word, Excel, Internet).
- Demonstrated experience working with policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced computer-based customer service environment
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and/or as part of a cohesive team when required.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate in a courteous, professional and well-organized manner, in an appropriate medium, to a variety of clients
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision with flexibility to effectively handle multiple tasks within established deadlines, given objectives and work-plans; deliver accurate and quality work in a high volume/pressure office.
- Demonstrated strong organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrated awareness and sensitivity to cross-cultural communication requirements of clients and an understanding of special need students.
- Ability to undertake occasional interim transfer to another campus and work occasional late-evenings or specified weekends during peak periods for admissions and registration activity and during applicant conversion campaigns
||Permanent - Support
|Hours of Work
|Additional Information as Applicable
||8:30 AM – 4:30 PM, Mon to Fri
||Apply online by clicking the "Apply Now!" button
"Proof of credentials or equivalencies from accredited regional or federal post-secondary institutions and/or their foreign equivalents will be required at the time of job offer."
When applying, your cover letter and résumé must include examples that reflect all of the requested skills and qualifications and should be submitted electronically by March 28, 2013 at 4:30 p.m. Please quote Competition #13-S-09. Misrepresentation of applicant information will be grounds for your exclusion from the competition or for dismissal should you subsequently be hired for the position. We regret we cannot accept phone calls. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are committed to providing persons with disabilities equal opportunities regarding all employment activities, including access to jobs and accommodations during employment as required, in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC).
||$24.91 to $28.88/hour (Payband F)