To apply for a job, please click on the Apply Now!
If you do not see a job that is suitable for you, feel free to make a general resume submission by clicking on the Submit Resume
button at the top.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
Diversity, equity and inclusion are fundamental to our mission to educate students. We are committed to education that places strong emphasis on global citizenship, social justice and equity. We live this value through the strength and richness that diversity brings to our workforce and welcome contributors from equity groups including: Aboriginal Peoples, Visible Minorities, Persons with Disabilities, Lesbian Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer persons.
||Audio-Visual Services Technologist
ITD, Audio-Visual Services
(This position is initially open to full time, bargaining unit employees of the college)
The Audio-Visual Services Technologist provides front line (Tier 1) and second line (Tier 2) audio-visual equipment, services and support to respond to the presentation and educational technology needs of the Centennial College community. Reporting to the Manager, Audio-Visual Services, the incumbent maintains, repairs and ensures the functionality of Audio-Visual equipment in the academic computer labs, lecture theatres, classrooms and specialized labs.
- Provide front line (Tier 1) and second line (Tier 2) audio-visual equipment, services and support to respond to the presentation and educational technology needs of the College
- Maintain, repair and ensure the functionality of Audio-Visual equipment in the academic computer labs, lecture theatres, classrooms and specialized labs
- Provide support for AV equipment, classrooms and labs
- Program, change and update software for Crestron AV systems, and update AV related databases
- Provide statistics and maintain inventory of spare parts, tools, and audio-visual equipment
- Coach Media Services Technicians, Specialists and part-time staff
- Receive Audio-Visual equipment booking requests, and schedule available equipment to meet client needs
- Educate and demonstrate to clients correct usage of AV equipment
- Provide AV services and support for events and functions held by the College
- Provide AV and IT assistance and/or backup services and support for special projects
- Maintain security of AV equipment
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned
- 3-year University/College Diploma/Degree in electronics engineering or related field of study or an equivalent combination of relevant education and practical experience.
- Additional requirements obtained by course: Introduction to Crestron Program; Essentials of Crestron Programing; Configuration of Crestron Systems; Crestron System Builder Program; Crestron Digital Media Program; Intermediate Crestron Programming
- Must be a Crestron Certified Programmer or complete this certification within two months after hiring
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in troubleshooting, diagnosing, and repairing electronic equipment using the appropriate tools required e.g. AV testers, oscilloscope, soldering, replacing electronic components, parts, pulling, crimping cables, connectors etc.
- 2 years of experience with instructing clients on how to use A/V equipment, as well as classroom Audio-Visual (presentation technology) setup and functionality required
- 2 years of experience with Audio-Visual set up, support, and break- down for events
- 2 years of experience with Crestron Extron Audio-Visual products, products software change, configuration, updates, and programming
- Demonstrated commitment to on-going personal development and upgrading of technical skills through business activities, professional development and/or technical courses is expected.
- Ability to travel to all campuses on a regular basis required
- A valid Ontario Driver’s License with access to a reliable vehicle mandatory
||Permanent - Support
|Hours of Work
|Additional Information as Applicable
||8:00 AM to 3:30 PM, shifts can vary depending on required maintenance/repairs in classrooms, labs etc.
||Apply online: www.centennialcollege.ca/careers
"Proof of credentials or equivalencies from accredited regional or federal post secondary institutions and/or their foreign equivalents will be required at the time of job offer."
When applying, your cover letter and résumé must include examples that reflect all of the requested skills and qualifications and must be submitted online by April 04, 2013 at 4:30 PM. Please quote Competition #13-S-11. Misrepresentation of applicant information will be grounds for your exclusion from the competition or for dismissal should you subsequently be hired for the position. We regret we cannot accept phone calls. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are committed to providing persons with disabilities equal opportunities regarding all employment activities, including access to jobs and accommodations during employment as required, in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC).
||$31.56 to $36.58 per hour (Payband I)