To apply for a job, please click on the Apply Now!
If you do not see a job that is suitable for you, feel free to make a general resume submission by clicking on the Submit Resume
button at the top.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
Diversity, equity and inclusion are fundamental to our mission to educate students. We are committed to education that places strong emphasis on global citizenship, social justice and equity. We live this value through the strength and richness that diversity brings to our workforce and welcome contributors from equity groups including: Aboriginal Peoples, Visible Minorities, Persons with Disabilities, Lesbian Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer persons.
||Chair, Financial Services
||This position, reporting to the Dean of the School of Business, is accountable for providing academic and administrative leadership, supervision and direction to faculty, managers, support staff and students in the School. The Chair also provides leadership in the development and delivery of a related cluster of courses and programs (certificate, diploma, advanced diploma and graduate diploma) by the Financial Services department of the School. The full-time program cluster includes programs such as: Accounting, Financial Services, Office Administration and Legal
- Working collaboratively in the development and implementation of the department’s business plan as part of the School and College academic planning process
- Maintaining a high level of staff performance through effective recruiting, selection, development, motivation, evaluation and training of faculty, and support staff within each department
- Promoting, supporting and monitoring the ongoing professional development, scholarship and research activity of faculty and staff
- Directing and administering the activities of the faculty in their teaching assignments and creating an effective working environment for the staff and the teaching/learning process; ensuring that faculty and staff assignments are consistent with college policies and procedures, collective agreements in place and other agreements relating to partnerships
- Conducting first level investigations and initiating problem-solving processes for disputes involving faculty, staff and students within the department, respecting collective agreements, student rights documents etc. to assist in the dispute resolution process
- Taking responsibility for developing and managing the operating budgets for the programs and departments in collaboration with the School’s administrative team
- Identifying new program opportunities, directing and participating in the College’s program and curriculum reviews, coordinator development process and external program approval and/or accreditation processes for programs in this portfolio
- Working respectfully in an unionized environment
- Establishing positive, ongoing relationships with appropriate industry and business representatives, advisory committee members, professional associations and alumni
- Participating in program marketing efforts in co-ordination with the School’s and College’s marketing departments
- Promoting and participating in the planning, negotiating and implementing of partnership arrangements within the community relating to the departments
- Ensuring the effective use of human, physical and financial resources for the programs/departments, reallocating resources appropriately and as necessary
- Master’s Degree in Business or a related field is required. A doctorate degree would be an asset for this position.
- Accreditation or professional designation in one of the following; Accounting/Financial Services, Human Resource Management, Business Administration, Marketing, or other business discipline is required.
- Extensive relevant experience in a College or University level academic or management environment is required
- Minimum of 7 years industry related experience is required
- Proven ability to provide effective and positive academic and administrative leadership
- Demonstrated competencies in effective teaching skills and curriculum development
- Advanced problem solving and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability in and usage of a wide variety of social media
- Demonstrated skills in managing equity issues and working with diverse populations
- Demonstrated conflict resolution skills
- Proficiency and comfort working in an automated office environment with demonstrated competency working with Microsoft Office components and Adobe software
- Demonstrated scholarly activities
- Proven ability to develop and promote effective internal and external partnerships
- Demonstrated skills in budget development and balancing operational budget priorities
- Demonstrated knowledge in the development and implementation of effective strategic / business plans
- Experience, knowledge and understanding of working effectively in a diverse environment
||Permanent - Administration
||Apply online by clicking the "Apply Now!" button
"Proof of credentials or equivalencies from accredited regional or federal post secondary institutions and/or their foreign equivalents will be required at the time of job offer."
If you are qualified for this position, please apply as soon as possible. When applying, your cover letter and résumé should include examples that reflect all of the requested skills and qualifications and must be submitted online. Please quote Competition #13-A-02 .Misrepresentation of applicant information will be grounds for your exclusion from the competition or for dismissal should you subsequently be hired for the position. We regret we cannot accept phone calls. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
||$79,654 - $ 118,349 (Payband 12)