To apply for a job, please click on the Apply Now!
If you do not see a job that is suitable for you, feel free to make a general resume submission by clicking on the Submit Resume
button at the top.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Diversity, equity and inclusion are fundamental to our mission to educate students. We are committed to education that places strong emphasis on global citizenship, social justice and equity. We live this value through the strength and richness that diversity brings to our workforce and welcome contributors from equity groups including: Aboriginal Peoples, Visible Minorities, Persons with Disabilities, Lesbian Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer persons
||Campus Recreation & Ashtonbee Gym Coordinator
Athletics and Recreation Department, Student and Community Engagement
(This position is initially open to full time, bargaining unit employees of the college)
Reporting to the Manager of Athletics and Recreation, the incumbent plans, promotes, delivers, registers and evaluates a broad based active recreation program that includes Intramural, Instructional, Recreational and Extramural activities for the students and staff at Ashtonbee Campus. The Coordinator develops and monitors annual budgets, oversees the operations of the Ashtonbee Campus recreation facility and is responsible for the hiring, training, and supervision of game officials, fitness instructors, and sport convenors in addition to the purchasing and inventory control of sports equipment.. The successful incumbent will also be responsible for coordinating a summer sports camp program for the immediate community, involving at risk youth and is responsible for the promotion, registration and hiring of camp support staff.
- Design, promote, implement, and schedule Campus tournament and league sports for the student and staff at Ashtonbee Campus.
- Conducts on-going student body surveys of the student body to ensure athletic activities reflect the diversity of recreational interests
- Create schedules and provides weekly updates league/“team of the week”/tournament statistics on the Athletics and Recreation web site.
- Programs daily recreational activities into Ashtonbee facilities
- Ensures that all services, programs and events are planned and executed to the highest quality and hosted in the safest environment
- Develops a rewards program that recognizes individual participation and team success
- Plan and monitor an Active Living Challenge program that encourages and promotes an active life style
- Prepares and revises an annual gym, exercise room and fitness room master schedule for student and community programs
- Develops updates to the Facility policy and procedure manual on an ongoing basis, that includes opening & closing procedures, sports specific apparatus set up, fitness equipment cleaning / disinfecting requirements, harassment regulations, facility risk assessment protocols, evacuation procedures, emergency action plans, towel & lock issue processes, and the program registration / cash deposit system
- Interview & train Work Study student staff and assign shift duties
- Collaborates with the Sports Information Officer to produce Sport Camp promotional material and registration brochure.
- Develops a Sport Camp manual that details the requirements of hosting a youth camp that includes Instructor Police checks, youth counsellor ratios, health requirements, heat stroke regulations, storage / distribution of lunch and / or snacks, drop off and pick up procedure, registration process, security patrol and emergency action plans.
- Three year community college diploma/degree in Sports Management, Recreation & Leisure Studies or Physical Education or a combination of equivalent education and experience
- CPR & First Aid Certification is mandatory
- Minimum 3 years of experience delivering league sports and or recreational tournaments
- Demonstrated experience planning and coordinating sports camps required
- Must have a broad knowledge of sport rules and experience dealing with challenging team dynamics.
- Experience successfully working with and coordinating event volunteers, preferred
- Must have strong organizational skills
- Availability to work evenings/weekends and in shifts when required
- Experience, knowledge and understanding of working effectively in a diverse environment
||Permanent - Support
|Hours of Work
|Additional Information as Applicable
||Current Shift Schedule: 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM
||Apply online by clicking the "Apply Now!" button
"Proof of credentials or equivalencies from accredited regional or federal post secondary institutions and/or their foreign equivalents will be required at the time of job offer."
When applying, your cover letter and résumé must include examples that reflect all of the requested skills and qualifications and must be submitted online by June 18, 2013 at 4:30 PM. Please quote Competition #13-S-26. Misrepresentation of applicant information will be grounds for your exclusion from the competition or for dismissal should you subsequently be hired for the position. We regret we cannot accept phone calls. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are committed to providing persons with disabilities equal opportunities regarding all employment activities, including access to jobs and accommodations during employment as required, in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC).
||$29.12 to $33.80 per hour (Payband H)