To apply for a job, please click on the Apply Now!
If you do not see a job that is suitable for you, feel free to make a general resume submission by clicking on the Submit Resume
button at the top.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
Diversity, equity and inclusion are fundamental to our mission to educate students. We are committed to education that places strong emphasis on global citizenship, social justice and equity. We live this value through the strength and richness that diversity brings to our workforce and welcome contributors from equity groups including: Aboriginal Peoples, Visible Minorities, Persons with Disabilities, Lesbian Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer persons For more information, visit our website at www.centennialcollege.ca/careers
||Off Campus Work & Customer Service Assistant
(This position is initially open to full time, bargaining unit employees of the college)
Reporting to the Director, International Education, administrates the off campus work program initiated by the government of Canada. The Designated Institutional Representative (DIR) is responsible for issuing Verification Forms and transfer of Verification Forms, checking student eligibility and submitting reports to the Provincial Coordinator. In addition, the incumbent also provides clerical support to the Director and Managers in the International Education Department in the areas of international emails, coordination of marketing activities, assists with booking travel arrangements for Director, Manager(s) and recruitment staff (when needed) and other duties as assigned in the day to day running of the department.
- Administrate the Off-Campus Program by processing documentation such as verification, student acknowledgement and other pertinent documents; and evaluating student’s academic standing
- Ensure all forms are completed and submitted to the ministry after being signed by the Director, International Education
- Assist students with the application procedure for the program by ensuring that all of the required documents are properly prepared; audits ineligible students and ensures that they surrender their work permits
- Coordinate international travel plans for the administrative and recruitment team by researching flight plans, ensuing appropriate visas requirements are met, booking hotels, etc.
- Maintain the International Education email site by answering queries from future students, current students, parents and third parties
- Respond to specific program queries and admission criteria
- Consult with Admissions Officers when appropriate to verify status, program availability and English requirements
- Organize the distribution of international marketing materials to our various locations around the world
- Prepare Application packages for prospective students.
- Processes international student refunds and provides information, direction and relevant documents to students/agents seeking refunds; requests supporting documents required to process refunds within college policy
- Assist the International Student Advisor with special events
- Community College diploma/degree in Business, or Office Administration or the equivalent education and related, practical experience in a customer service environment
- Knowledge of Canadian immigration policies/procedures, international student study permit processing, international students challenges when accessing post-secondary education in Canada
- Experience gained in a customer-service oriented office environment, (preferably in an international student service or educational environment) using a variety of computer software packages such as MS Word, Banner, MS Excel, and other relevant databases
- Knowledge of Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities requirements in assessing student files for permit eligibility, processes involved in issuing work permits, and MTCU’s reporting requirements for Off Campus Work Permit maintenance an asset
- Demonstrated ability to promote and provide quality customer service over the telephone, at the service counter and via email.
- Ability to work meeting deadlines and complete tasks under pressure
- Ability to maintain strict confidence regarding student data (in accordance with MTCU Off -Campus Work Permit issuance, departmental policies and procedures, and the Freedom of Information Protection of Privacy Act)
- Experience, knowledge and understanding of working effectively in a diverse environment
- Awareness and sensitivity to the cross-cultural communication requirements of customers, and understanding the special needs of international students
- Knowledge of a second language would be a definite asset
||Permanent - Support
|Hours of Work
|Additional Information as Applicable
||Current Shift Schedule: 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM
Apply online by clicking the "Apply Now!" button"
"Proof of credentials or equivalencies from accredited regional or federal post secondary institutions and/or their foreign equivalents will be required at the time of job offer."
When applying, your cover letter and résumé must include examples that reflect all of the requested skills and qualifications and must be submitted online by May 6, 2013 at 4:30 PM. Please quote Competition #13-S-20. Misrepresentation of applicant information will be grounds for your exclusion from the competition or for dismissal should you subsequently be hired for the position. We regret we cannot accept phone calls. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are committed to providing persons with disabilities equal opportunities regarding all employment activities, including access to jobs and accommodations during employment as required, in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC).
||$23.09 to $26. 76 per hour (Payband E)