To apply for a job, please click on the Apply Now!
If you do not see a job that is suitable for you, feel free to make a general resume submission by clicking on the Submit Resume
button at the top.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Diversity, equity and inclusion are fundamental to our mission to educate students. We are committed to education that places strong emphasis on global citizenship, social justice and equity. We live this value through the strength and richness that diversity brings to our workforce and welcome contributors from equity groups including: Aboriginal Peoples, Visible Minorities, Persons with Disabilities, Lesbian Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer persons
||Professor - Public Relations
School of Communications, Media and Design
The successful candidate will be teaching in classroom, computer laboratory and field settings in the School of Communications, Media and Design. He or she must have the ability to teach courses in writing for media, professional communication, and media theory and practice at both the college undergraduate degree and diploma levels as well as post-graduate certificate levels. The incumbent will participate in the launch of a new degree program in Public Relations Management and participate in course development, course modifications, program advisory committees, program accreditation, applied research initiatives, community outreach and on-going needs as assigned.
- Use effective interpersonal communication skills with students, faculty, management and external partners or community members, showing a sensitivity to intercultural communication
- Provide and promote a respectful and supportive environment based on the principles of inclusion, equity and diversity
- Work effectively in a team-based environment
- Create a positive teaching environment
- Use a variety of appropriate teaching/learning strategies
- Use academic technology effectively to enhance and support learning
- Evaluate student achievement of learning outcomes using a variety of techniques
- Develop, revise and adapt appropriate learning resources for students
- Engage students to create a positive teaching and learning environment
- Critically examine learning materials and classroom instructional practice for discriminatory bias or barriers
- Provide academic support to students as part of regularly scheduled office hours
- Contribute as a subject matter expert to support curriculum development and revision
- Maintain contacts with relevant industry and professional associations
- Remain current in technical knowledge and instructional delivery techniques
- Attends meetings, maintains records of student grades/assessments, and participates in meetings and activities pertinent to faculty responsibilities
- Doctorate degree in Public Relations required or a related field with dissertation research focused upon public relations or organizational communications (or ABD with defense date set)
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience with relevant and recent media industry professional practice (public relations, journalism or digital communications practice)
- Evidence of scholarly work including publications, conference presentations, and research projectsrelated to one or more of the following is required : strategic communications, social/digital media use, politics and/or public persuasion
- International research/practice history an asset.
- Demonstrated experience teaching at the post-secondary level required.
- Knowledge of adult education principles and the role of learning outcomes, instructional approaches and evaluation techniques to be used is an asset.
- Experience in course or learning materials development, an asset.
Demonstrated competent written, oral and interpersonal skills
Demonstrated ability to work with a team
- Demonstrated understanding of diversity, equity and inclusion to meet the needs of our diverse students, staff and college community
||Permanent - Academic
Apply online by clicking the "Apply Now!" button"
"Proof of credentials or equivalencies from accredited regional or federal post secondary institutions and/or their foreign equivalents will be required at the time of job offer."
When applying, your cover letter and résumé must include examples that reflect all of the requested skills and qualifications and must be submitted online by September 27, 2013 at 4:30 PM. Please quote Competition#13-F-09. Misrepresentation of applicant information will be grounds for your exclusion from the competition or for dismissal should you subsequently be hired for the position. We regret we cannot accept phone calls. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are committed to providing persons with disabilities equal opportunities regarding all employment activities, including access to jobs and accommodations during employment as required, in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC).
||As per Academic Collective Agreement