To apply for a job, please click on the Apply Now!
If you do not see a job that is suitable for you, feel free to make a general resume submission by clicking on the Submit Resume
button at the top.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
Diversity, equity and inclusion are fundamental to our mission to educate students. We are committed to education that places strong emphasis on global citizenship, social justice and equity. We live this value through the strength and richness that diversity brings to our workforce and welcome contributors from equity groups including: Aboriginal Peoples, Visible Minorities, Persons with Disabilities, Lesbian Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer persons.
||Professor – Computer & Communication Networks (Data Centre)
School of Engineering Technology and Applied Science
The successful candidate will provide leadership as a full-time Professor by teaching in classroom, laboratory and field settings for the Computer and Communication Networks Applied Degree, Computer Systems Networking Technology Diploma, and Graduate Certificate programs. He or she will also engage in scholarly work and participate in program development, course modifications, program advisory committees, program accreditation, applied research initiatives, community outreach and on-going future program needs.
- Use effective interpersonal and communication skills with students, faculty, management and external partners.
Provide and promote a mutually respectful and supportive environment based upon the principles of inclusion, equity and diversity.
Work effectively in a team-based work environment.
Create a positive teaching and learning environment.
Use a variety of appropriate teaching/learning strategies to enhance the student learning experience.
Use academic technology effectively to engage students and support learning.
Evaluate student achievement of learning outcomes using a variety of techniques and provide regular feedback.
Develop, revise and adapt appropriate learning resources for students.
- Engage students to create a positive teaching and learning environment
Critically examine learning materials and classroom instructional practice for discriminatory bias or barriers.
Provide academic support to students as part of regularly scheduled office hours.
Contribute as a subject matter expert in one or more technical areas outlined below to support curriculum development and revision.
Engage in scholarly work through research, discovery, teaching, service, and leadership.
Maintain contacts with computer networking industry and professional associations.
Remain current in technical knowledge and instructional delivery methodologies.
Remain current in trends and standards related to computer networking including Canadian acts, legislation, and regulations.
- Attend meetings, maintain student grades/assessments and participate in activities pertinent to faculty responsibilities.
- Masters Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Telecommunications, or related discipline, combined with a research focus on computer networks.
- Technical specialization in one or more of the following areas: Operating Systems, Data Centres, Virtualization, Cloud Infrastructure.
- Minimum of three years of industry work experience as an information technology professional performing one or more of the following functions: design, installation, testing, maintenance and troubleshooting of wired and wireless computer networks.
- Demonstrated track record of scholarship in one or more of the following areas: research, teaching, discovery, service and leadership.
- Minimum of two years teaching experience at the adult and/or post-secondary level.
- Experience in course development and program related applied research is an asset.
- Demonstrated competent written, oral and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work within a team.
- Demonstrated understanding of diversity, equity and inclusion to meet the needs of our diverse student, staff and college community.
||Permanent - Academic
||Apply online by clicking the "Apply Now!" button.
"Proof of credentials or equivalencies from accredited regional or federal post secondary institutions and/or their foreign equivalents will be required at the time of job offer."
When applying, your cover letter and résumé must include examples that reflect all of the requested skills and qualifications and should be submitted electronically by April 30 2015 at 4:30 p.m. Please quote Competition #13-F-19. Misrepresentation of applicant information will be grounds for your exclusion from the competition or for dismissal should you subsequently be hired for the position. We regret we cannot accept phone calls. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are committed to providing persons with disabilities equal opportunities regarding all employment activities, including access to jobs and accommodations during employment as required, in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC).
||As per Academic Collective Agreement