To apply for a job, please click on the Apply Now!
If you do not see a job that is suitable for you, feel free to make a general resume submission by clicking on the Submit Resume
button at the top.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
Diversity, equity and inclusion are fundamental to our mission to educate students. We are committed to education that places strong emphasis on global citizenship, social justice and equity. We live this value through the strength and richness that diversity brings to our workforce and welcome contributors from equity groups including: Aboriginal Peoples, Visible Minorities, Persons with Disabilities, Lesbian Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer persons.
||Architectural Services Coordinator
Facilities and Services
Reporting to the Manager, Renovations & Special Projects, the incumbent provides technical, design and administrative coordination for Renovation, Capital, Major Maintenance and Grounds maintenance
Project Design, Planning and Coordination
Prepare, using Autocad, architectural and detail drawings to support proposed and approved renovations to campus facilities
Coordinate & schedule multiple office and service department moves, campus to campus and internally, with efficiency and attention to detail
Obtain site measurements and record existing and ‘as built’ conditions of various campus interior & exterior spaces
Assist in the preparation of tender documents, including preparing drawing sets and specification packages
Perform periodic on site observations of renovation projects to record daily construction activities and progress of work and report schedule impacts or deficiencies
Responsible for maintaining drawing file records and product catalogue library
Responsible updating campus space records to reflect changes
- 3 year diploma or degree in Architectural Technology, Interior Design, Design Management or related fields
- Experience in project management, involving the ability to both coordinate renovations and schedule multiple moves/activities
- 3 years’ experience in an architectural, engineering or design environment, and providing supervision/coordination relating to large and/or multi-site institutional facilities renovations
- A good understanding of architectural building elements, building codes, construction methods, and health and safety rules & regulations
- Computer literacy
- Proficiency in Autocad, Word Processing, Spreadsheet and Graphics programs, email and Internet
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Works well independently, or as part of a team
- Well developed communication and interpersonal skills
- Requires ability to travel independently between campuses. Mileage paid
- A valid Ontario Driver’s License with access to a reliable vehicle
||Temporary - Support
|Hours of Work
|Additional Information as Applicable
||8:00 AM- 4:30PM
Apply Online by clicking the "Apply Now!" button.
"Proof of credentials or equivalencies from accredited regional or federal post secondary institutions and/or their foreign equivalents will be required at the time of job offer."
When applying, your cover letter and résumé must include examples that reflect all of the requested skills and qualifications and should be submitted electronically by August 27, 2014 at 4:30 PM. Please quote Competition #14-S-59. Misrepresentation of applicant information will be grounds for your exclusion from the competition or for dismissal should you subsequently be hired for the position. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are committed to providing persons with disabilities equal opportunities regarding all employment activities, including access to jobs and accommodations during employment as required, in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC) and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
||Payband I ($32.19 – $37.31/hr)