To apply for a job, please click on the Apply Now!
If you do not see a job that is suitable for you, feel free to make a general resume submission by clicking on the Submit Resume
button at the top.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
Diversity, equity and inclusion are fundamental to our mission to educate students. We are committed to education that places strong emphasis on global citizenship, social justice and equity. We live this value through the strength and richness that diversity brings to our workforce and welcome contributors from equity groups including: Aboriginal Peoples, Visible Minorities, Persons with Disabilities, Lesbian Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer persons.
||Clerical Assistant – Part Time
||Business Development Division – International Business Development
Reporting to the Director, the incumbent provides administrative support to the Director and Project Operations Manager of the International Business Development Office
- Contacts approved travel agents and books department travel, securing the best cost and flight package.
- Applies for travel visas on behalf of the department
- Coordinates accommodation and other arrangements.
- Composes routine correspondence such as form letters, general information, and email inquiries.
- Gathers information, assembles and distributes a variety of documents and materials
- Monitors department budgets and forwards financial documents to appropriate sources.
- Updates and maintains information systems such as Sales-force
- Provides support to the BDD receptionist when necessary
- Prepares agendas, organizes meeting dates, times and prepares minutes for meetings
- Ensures appropriate follow-up from meetings is communicated and completed.
- Researches information as per Director. This includes preparing and organizing information and materials for presentations, reports, and meetings.
- Minimum two-year community college diploma in Office Administration or Business Studies or the equivalent education and related practical experience.
- Two years of practical experience in an office environment working towards deadlines and managing multiple priorities.
- Intermediate knowledge of PC software and integrated database systems (e.g., Windows, Access, Excel, PowerPoint Internet, College websites, CRM).
- Strong interpersonal, communication and judgment skills to manage the link between the Director and The International Business Development team as well as other internal/external representatives.
- Ability to accept responsibility for applying developed problem solving skills independently, as circumstances require and accepting responsibility for own actions.
- Ability to work under pressure while dealing with people in a courteous manner.
- High level of organizational skills to balance the unpredictable nature of the work in this position and meeting the demands of several people at once.
- Ability to maintain the strictest confidence regarding client data (in accordance with departmental policies and procedures, and the Freedom of Information Protection of Privacy Act).
- Experience, knowledge, and understanding of working effectively in a diverse environment.
|Hours of Work
||Part-Time up to 24 Hours
||Apply online by clicking the "Apply Now!" button.
"Proof of credentials or equivalencies from accredited regional or federal post-secondary institutions and/or their foreign equivalents will be required at the time of job offer."
When applying, your cover letter and résumé must include examples that reflect all of the requested skills and qualifications and should be submitted electronically by April 30, 2013 at 4:30 p.m. Please quote Competition #13-S-19. Misrepresentation of applicant information will be grounds for your exclusion from the competition or for dismissal should you subsequently be hired for the position. We regret we cannot accept phone calls. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are committed to providing persons with disabilities equal opportunities regarding all employment activities, including access to jobs and accommodations during employment as required, in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC).
||$20.20 to $26.17 per hour (PE-409)