To apply for a job, please click on the Apply Now!
If you do not see a job that is suitable for you, feel free to make a general resume submission by clicking on the Submit Resume
button at the top.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Diversity, equity and inclusion are fundamental to our mission to educate students. We are committed to education that places strong emphasis on global citizenship, social justice and equity. We live this value through the strength and richness that diversity brings to our workforce and welcome contributors from equity groups including: Aboriginal Peoples, Visible Minorities, Persons with Disabilities, Lesbian Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer persons
||Professor - Advertising & Media Research Specialist
School of Communications, Media and Design
The successful candidate will be teaching in classroom, computer laboratory and field settings in the School of Communications, Media and Design in programs related to Advertising, particularly in the professional use of contemporary software for Media planning, Buying and Media Research. He or she will participate in program and course development, course modifications, program advisory committees, applied research initiatives, community outreach, and on-going/future program needs.
- Use effective interpersonal communication skills with students, faculty, management and external partners or community members, showing a sensitivity to intercultural communication
- Provide and promote a respectful and supportive environment based on the principles of inclusion, equity and diversity
- Work effectively in a team-based environment
- Create a positive teaching environment
- Use a variety of appropriate teaching/learning strategies
- Use academic technology effectively to enhance and support learning
- Evaluate student achievement of learning outcomes using a variety of techniques
- Develop, revise and adapt appropriate learning resources for students
- Engage students to create a positive teaching and learning environment
- Critically examine learning materials and classroom instructional practice for discriminatory bias or barriers
- Provide academic support to students as part of regularly scheduled office hours
- Contribute as a subject matter expert to support curriculum development and revision
- Maintain contacts with relevant industry and professional associations
- Remain current in technical knowledge and instructional delivery techniques
- Attends meetings, maintains records of student grades/assessments, and participates in meetings and activities pertinent to faculty responsibilities
- Degree/Diploma required, preferably in Advertising or the equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Minimum 7 years of exceptional teaching experience at the post-secondary level in directly related programming areas required.
- Minimum 7 years of relevant industry-related experience in media planning, buying and media research.
- Demonstrated program leadership experience, including curriculum development experience, is preferred.
- Demonstrated capacity to teach current industry software applications and research techniques utilizing Excel, IMS Clear Decisions, Nielsen Infosys, Nielsen Annual expenditures, ComScore, and BBM Airware.
Experience required in the development of course and learning materials in accordance to principles of adult education.
Demonstrated knowledge of instructional approaches, evaluation techniques and the role of learning outcomes in higher education.
Demonstrated competent written, oral and interpersonal skills
Demonstrated ability to work with a team
- Demonstrated understanding of diversity, equity and inclusion to meet the needs of our diverse students, staff and college community
||Permanent - Academic
"Apply online by clicking the "Apply Now!" button
"Proof of credentials or equivalencies from accredited regional or federal post secondary institutions and/or their foreign equivalents will be required at the time of job offer."
When applying, your cover letter and résumé must include examples that reflect all of the requested skills and qualifications and must be submitted online by June 4, 2013 at 4:30 PM. Please quote Competition #13-F-10. Misrepresentation of applicant information will be grounds for your exclusion from the competition or for dismissal should you subsequently be hired for the position. We regret we cannot accept phone calls. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are committed to providing persons with disabilities equal opportunities regarding all employment activities, including access to jobs and accommodations during employment as required, in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC).
||As per Academic Collective Agreement