To apply for a job, please click on the Apply Now!
If you do not see a job that is suitable for you, feel free to make a general resume submission by clicking on the Submit Resume
button at the top.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
Diversity, equity and inclusion are fundamental to our mission to educate students. We are committed to education that places strong emphasis on global citizenship, social justice and equity. We live this value through the strength and richness that diversity brings to our workforce and welcome contributors from equity groups including: Aboriginal Peoples, Visible Minorities, Persons with Disabilities, Lesbian Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer persons.
||International Admissions Officer: Japan, Korea, Philippines & Vietnam – Temporary Position
International Education Department
(1-year contract: May 2013 to May 2014)
The International Admissions Assistant, Japan, Korea, Philippines and Vietnam, is responsible for processing international applications and issuing offer, visa, cost of living and fee statement letters to “new entrants”. The incumbent has extensive knowledge of education systems throughout the world and their equivalencies to the Canadian Education System and responds to information requests regarding programs and subject offerings, as well as general College inquiries from around the world.
||Reporting to the Regional Manager of Japan, Korea, Philippines, and Vietnam:
- Provide a full-range of admissions and registration information and services to new entrant applicants and returning students utilizing paper applications, on-line systems, established standard admission criteria, policies, procedures, guidelines, processes and practices for all Academic Program areas
- Provide direction to Japan, Korea, Philippines, and Vietnam team admission assistants and support the other geographic teams during peak periods or as the need arises to ensure that established deadlines, goals, and objectives of the International Education Centre are met
- Responsible for determining the admissibility of an offer, issuing offer, as well as issuing Visa, cost of living, and fee statement letters to new entrants
- Manually assess all foreign credentials and establish equivalencies for admissibility to Centennial College programs independent of OCAS
- Respond to a wide variety of regulatory, general and detailed information requests regarding college programs and subject offerings, as well as general College inquiries from around the world
- Provide back up and support to other front-line service areas in the International Education Office
- Deliver excellent customer service to internal and external clients
- Consult with Manager of Japan, Korea, Philippines, and Vietnam, as well as Program Coordinators/Chairs to discuss new entrant enrolment status and jointly implement given strategies to achieve enrolment targets. Also, track assessment progress and program quotas through the admission cycle and report as required
- Regularly correspond with and update International student agents regarding the status of student files and any changes the College might make in programs, start dates, etc.
- International travel may be required for the department to provide on site assessment of application documents and to assist the manager in recruitment
- Perform other duties as assigned; this may require that the incumbent be transferred to another campus/ country during the interim assignment
- Two year community college Diploma in Business, Communications, IT, Marketing or additional job-related courses or the equivalent education and related practical experience
- Minimum three-years related practical experience, preferably in a post-secondary education and/or international office environment
- Fluency in writing and speaking in English and Korean are mandatory for this geographic team. Japanese, Vietnamese, and Indonesian languages included in the geographic area are an asset
- Demonstrated cross cultural customer service/interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of related to visa/immigration legislation and/or experience
- Intermediate knowledge with PC software (e.g. Windows, Word, Excel and Lotus Notes), large on-line computerized record systems (e.g. the Banner system), and of integrated student information database systems
- Extensive knowledge of education systems throughout the world and their equivalencies to the Canadian Education System
- Ability to meet deadlines and complete tasks under pressure
- Ability to maintain the strictest confidence regarding student data (in accordance with departmental policies and procedures, and the Freedom of Information Protection of Privacy Act)
- Ability to undertake occasional interim transfer to another campus
- Awareness and sensitivity to the cross-cultural communication requirements of customers, and understanding the special needs of international students
- Experience, knowledge, and an ability to work effectively in a diverse environment
||Temporary - Support
|Hours of Work
|Additional Information as Applicable
||(1-year contract: May 2013 to May 2014) Variations of a daily work shift, with occasional weekend work at peak periods
||Apply online by clicking the "Apply Now!" button
"Proof of credentials or equivalencies from accredited regional or federal post-secondary institutions and/or their foreign equivalents will be required at the time of job offer."
When applying, your cover letter and résumé must include examples that reflect all of the requested skills and qualifications and must be submitted online by April 3, 2013 at 4:30 PM. Please quote Competition #13-S- 10. Misrepresentation of applicant information will be grounds for your exclusion from the competition or for dismissal should you subsequently be hired for the position. We regret we cannot accept phone calls. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are committed to providing persons with disabilities equal opportunities regarding all employment activities, including access to jobs and accommodations during employment as required, in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC).
||$26.92 - $31.21/hour (Payband G)