To apply for a job, please click on the Apply Now!
If you do not see a job that is suitable for you, feel free to make a general resume submission by clicking on the Submit Resume
button at the top.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
Diversity, equity and inclusion are fundamental to our mission to educate students. We are committed to education that places strong emphasis on global citizenship, social justice and equity. We live this value through the strength and richness that diversity brings to our workforce and welcome contributors from equity groups including: Aboriginal Peoples, Visible Minorities, Persons with Disabilities, Lesbian Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer persons.
||Program Officer (Contract until December 31, 2013)
||School of Continuing Education
The incumbent plans and coordinates individual portfolio, including day to day operations. This is achieved by providing excellent customer/student service with respect to continuing education needs, providing support to CE faculty, outside partners and all other stakeholders, portfolio administration and supporting enrolment growth through a variety of activities.
- Responds to in person, email and over the telephone inquiries from new and returning Continuing Education students on college programs, courses, internal processes, requirements, and services including enrolment procedures, admission requirements, assessment testing, transfer credit, PLAR process, professional accreditation requirements, student services and timelines.
- Refers students to different service areas including but not limited to Counselling, Centre for Students with Disabilities, International Education, Libraries, and Academic Departments, when appropriate.
- Coordinate student complaints or grade appeals to ensure quick resolution in accordance with college academic policies
- Respond to student inquiries, needs, concerns and complaints in a respectful customer sensitive approachable manner, taking cognisance of policy, process and procedure
- Acting as a primary liaison for the CE Portfolio with academic records department and assisting students in resolving problems with their records i.e. Correcting errors on the Banner system
- Participates in recruitment related events, for example CE Open House.
- Participates in special projects, data collection and analysis related to enrolment growth, student success.
- Act as a resource person for faculty
- Provide advice on college policies and procedures and inform/act as liaison with faculty on college required training sessions (e.g. myCentennial,, eCentennial)
- Coordinate all textbooks and instructor materials, passwords with IT and HR Departments
- Schedule faulty Course Evaluations and analyze results
- Communicate with faculty on an on-going basis to ensure they receive up to date information on policy processes and activities/events
Administration of Portfolio
- Establishes courses/sections to ensure maximum revenue opportunity
- Ensure that all CE courses have course outlines in accordance with current standards and competencies and when required are standardized with post-secondary programs
- Organizes program / course information for publication that fall under the area of responsibility and ensures accuracy of information, all publications, and marketing collateral.
- Prepare CE faculty employment contracts
- Loading and updating banner course information and creating new sections/courses.
- Participates in data collection related to the comprehensive program review process.
- Monitors and tracks enrolment for respective portfolio
- Prepare faculty evaluations and disseminate results to faculty and Program Supervisor
- Minimum three year community college diploma or the equivalent education and related practical experience.
- Minimum 3 years related, practical experience in a customer service/student service advising environment with emphasis on independent problem-solving, interpersonal skills, and liaison with internal and external contacts.
- Demonstrates competence and fluency in post-secondary programs and courses, delivery platforms, i.e. desire to learn and myCentennial
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word
- Ability to work variations of a daily work shift, with occasional weekend work at peak periods. Ability to undertake occasional interim transfer to another campus
|Hours of Work
|Additional Information as Applicable
||Hours of Work: 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM; occasional weekend work at peak periods
Apply online by clicking the "Apply Now!" button
"Proof of credentials or equivalencies from accredited regional or federal post secondary institutions and/or their foreign equivalents will be required at the time of job offer."
When applying, your cover letter and résumé must include examples that reflect all of the requested skills and qualifications and should be submitted electronically by November 20, 2012 at 4:30 PM. Please quote Competition #12-S-63. Misrepresentation of applicant information will be grounds for your exclusion from the competition or for dismissal should you subsequently be hired for the position. We regret we cannot accept phone calls. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
||$26.92 to $31.21 per hour (Payband G)