To apply for a job, please click on the Apply Now!
If you do not see a job that is suitable for you, feel free to make a general resume submission by clicking on the Submit Resume
button at the top.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
Diversity, equity and inclusion are fundamental to our mission to educate students. We are committed to education that places strong emphasis on global citizenship, social justice and equity. We live this value through the strength and richness that diversity brings to our workforce and welcome contributors from equity groups including: Aboriginal Peoples, Visible Minorities, Persons with Disabilities, Lesbian Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer persons.
||Professor – Heating, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning (Contract Faculty)
||School of Engineering Technology and Applied Sciences
The successful candidate will teach Trade Practice, Mechanical Cooling Cycles, Brazing, soldering, Mechanical Drawing & Prints with AutoCAD, Air conditioning and Distribution system, and Heating Fundamentals. The candidate will teach in the Heating Refrigeration & AC Technician program and Refrigeration & AC Apprenticeship program.
||In addition to teaching assigned courses, the successful candidate will be expected to:
- Apply a variety of teaching/learning strategies to diverse learners.
- Develop bias-free curricula, learning resources and course outlines, and clearly articulate expectations to students regarding learning outcomes, the approach and evaluation techniques to be used.
- Provide timely feedback to students.
- Evaluate student achievement of learning outcomes using a variety of approaches and techniques.
- Support and advise students towards academic success.
- Create a positive teaching and learning environment in a multiracial/multicultural classroom.
- Ontario Refrigeration and Air Conditioning License and a G2 Gas License (minimum). A Bachelor Degree is an asset.
- Demonstrated relevant technical experience in designing, building, and troubleshooting Refrigeration and Air Conditioning systems
- Previous teaching experience at the post-secondary level
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to apply appropriate instructional techniques
- Ability to create a positive learning environment for a diverse student population
||Part Time - Academic
|Additional Information as Applicable
||Contract Faculty (Sessional/Partial Load/Part time)
||Apply online by clicking the "Apply Now!" button
"Proof of credentials or equivalencies from accredited regional or federal post secondary institutions and/or their foreign equivalents will be required at the time of job offer."
When applying, your cover letter and résumé must include examples that reflect all of the requested skills and qualifications and must be submitted online by May 10, 2013 at 4:30 p.m. Please quote Competition #13-F-04. Misrepresentation of applicant information will be grounds for your exclusion from the competition or for dismissal should you subsequently be hired for the position. We regret we cannot accept phone calls. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are committed to providing persons with disabilities equal opportunities regarding all employment activities, including access to jobs and accommodations during employment as required, in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC).
||As per College Policy