To apply for a job, please click on the Apply Now!
If you do not see a job that is suitable for you, feel free to make a general resume submission by clicking on the Submit Resume
button at the top.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
Diversity, equity and inclusion are fundamental to our mission to educate students. We are committed to education that places strong emphasis on global citizenship, social justice and equity. We live this value through the strength and richness that diversity brings to our workforce and welcome contributors from equity groups including: Aboriginal Peoples, Visible Minorities, Persons with Disabilities, Lesbian Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer persons.
||Dean, School of Business
School of Business
The Dean champions the School’s mission of promoting excellence in teaching and learning within a caring and inclusive environment and is responsible for preparing students for the exciting global business opportunities that await them as well as for creating new pathways that meet the emerging skill needs of the business industry.
As the senior administrator in the School, the Dean is accountable for its academic quality and integrity. He or she is a Centennial ambassador, who demonstrates the School’s commitment to global citizenship, equity and inclusion through high levels of staff and learner participation, influence and engagement.
The Dean is responsible for a complex school that offers core business programming in Accounting, Business Administration, Marketing, Human Resource Management, and Office Administration and Legal services. Additionally, the School of Business has niche programs reflecting their strengths in International Business, Project Management, Financial Services, and Customer Service Management.
1. Academic Leadership and Program Support and Development
- Provides academic and administrative leadership to the chairs, managers, faculty and administrative and support staff ensuring that programs meet the needs of our diverse student body. Embeds the principles and practices of diversity, equity and inclusiveness across the curriculum and more specifically facilitates the ongoing implementation of the Signature Learning Experience. (http://www.centennialcollege.ca/AboutCentennial/sle)
- Maintains the quality, academic integrity and feasibility of all programs offered by the School of Business through the review of curriculum against emerging industry trends, professional standards and accreditation expectations as well as the development of new program m initiatives to address the long-term skills and competency needs of students as entry-level professionals.
- Collaborates with other schools within the College and with universities and other colleges to develop pathways and articulation partnerships for students to reach their goals beyond graduation.
- Builds a strategic network of business and industry-related partnerships and alliances as well as sustaining existing relationships to inform for areas of new program development, program modifications, student work-integrated learning opportunities, employee capacity development and applied research projects.
- Develops partnership arrangements with business, other postsecondary institutions, government (municipal, provincial and federal) and community groups through program/service advisory committees, articulation agreements, and applied research projects.
- Fosters scholarly inquiry and facilitates applied research and evaluation within the schools and the College.
2. Human Resources Management and Development
- Provides leadership to school administrators, faculty and staff to achieve the school vision of being a leader in post-secondary academic programming.
- Managing a highly unionized professional team, the incumbent must be able to function within the context of collective agreements, and promoting an environment of mutual respect, fairness and equity.
- The incumbent must demonstrate a commitment to continuous improvement and to building high performance teams focused on quality and value for students.
3. Financial Planning and Management
- Oversees the management, preparation and analysis of school budgets and financial forecasts and reports.
- Manages the progress and achievement of strategic enrollment targets and assumes responsibility for the development and implementation of programs to achieve them.
- Analyses business opportunities prioritizing hen according to their potential for increasing school revenues and profitability.
- Negotiates and oversees contracts and budgets with outside funding agencies.
- Develops and directs a wide range of contracts and programs through the establishment of strategic alliances and partnerships with federal, provincial and municipal governments, community agencies and other Colleges.
- Demonstrated depth and breadth of understanding of issues facing program areas and impact to curriculum delivery.
- Accountable for the on-time and on-budget completion of research initiatives and projects.
- Master’s degree in a related discipline or equivalent related job experience in a post-secondary institution or in one of the industry sectors.
- 8-10 years of progressively increasing senior leadership responsibilities in an educational or business environment.
- Experience managing in a dynamic fiscal environment; demonstrated ability to support program and business strategies through financially sound business plans.
- Experience working in a highly complex educational environment that involves working collaboratively with government, unions and the community.
- Demonstrated understanding of the implications of serving a diverse, multi-lingual student population.
- Commitment to life-long learning exemplified by an ongoing engagement in a range of practices to develop self and others.
- Proven ability to set and achieve priorities and work within budgets.
- Professional commitment to students with a broad spectrum of needs in their pursuit of academic achievement and success.
||Permanent - Administration
||To confidentially explore this rare opportunity, forward your resume and cover letter, quoting Project #CCSOB1113, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests for additional information or nominations of suitable candidates may also be submitted to the above email address. The review of applications and nominations will commence in December 2013 and will continue until the successful candidate is selected.
We are committed to providing persons with disabilities equal opportunities regarding all employment activities, including access to jobs and accommodations during employment as required, in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC).
||As per College Policy