To apply for a job, please click on the Apply Now!
If you do not see a job that is suitable for you, feel free to make a general resume submission by clicking on the Submit Resume
button at the top.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
Diversity, equity and inclusion are fundamental to our mission to educate students. We are committed to education that places strong emphasis on global citizenship, social justice and equity. We live this value through the strength and richness that diversity brings to our workforce and welcome contributors from equity groups including: Aboriginal Peoples, Visible Minorities, Persons with Disabilities, Lesbian Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer persons.
||Professor, Aircraft Maintenance
Aerospace Department, School of Transportation
The successful candidate will be teaching in classroom, shop, lab and computer room settings in the Aerospace Department, School of Transportation. He or she will participate in program/course material development and modification activities, program advisory committees, program accreditation, applied research initiatives, community outreach and on-going future program needs.
- Use effective interpersonal communication skills with students, faculty, management and external partners or community members, showing a sensitivity to intercultural communication
- Provide and promote a respectful and supportive environment based on the principles of inclusion, equity and diversity
- Work effectively in a team-based environment
- Create a positive teaching environment
- Use a variety of appropriate teaching/learning strategies (in accordance with college and program accreditation requirements)
- Use academic technology effectively to enhance and support learning
- Evaluate student achievement of learning outcomes using a variety of techniques (in accordance with college and program accreditation requirements)
- Complete record keeping activities (in accordance with program accreditation requirements)
- Develop, revise and adapt appropriate learning resources for students
- Engage students to create a positive teaching and learning environment
- Critically examine learning materials and classroom instructional practice for discriminatory bias or barriers
- Provide academic support to students as part of regularly scheduled office hours
- Contribute as a subject matter expert to support curriculum development and revision
- Maintain contacts with relevant industry and professional associations
- Remain current in technical knowledge and instructional delivery techniques
- Attends meetings, maintains records of student grades/assessments, and participates in meetings and activities pertinent to faculty responsibilities
Candidates are required to provide proof of the following qualifications
- Holding a valid Category “M” rated Aircraft Maintenance Engineer Licence – or – have suitable military or foreign equivalent qualification
- Having exercised the privileges of the licence or equivalent qualification within the last 24 months
- Having progressive and recent rotary aircraft and/or piston fixed wing experience in the repair, replacement, installation and troubleshooting of aircraft parts, components and equipment (on-and-off aircraft)
- Having recent/relevant experience in teaching/instruction of aviation maintenance (formal or on-the-job mentor training.) Formal teaching experience would be considered an asset
The successful candidate shall demonstrate the following skills.
Experience in course or learning materials development, an asset
Ability to articulate expectations regarding learning outcomes
Demonstrated competent written, oral and interpersonal skills
Demonstrated ability to work with a team
- Demonstrated understanding of diversity, equity and inclusion to meet the needs of our diverse students, staff and college community
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Suite and commonly used business and trade related software
||Permanent - Academic
||Apply online by clicking the "Apply Now!" button.
"Proof of credentials or equivalencies from accredited regional or federal post secondary institutions and/or their foreign equivalents will be required at the time of job offer."
When applying, your cover letter and résumé must include examples that reflect all of the requested skills and qualifications and must be submitted online by November 21, 2012 by 4:30 PM. Please quote Competition #12-F-43. Misrepresentation of applicant information will be grounds for your exclusion from the competition or for dismissal should you subsequently be hired for the position. We regret we cannot accept phone calls. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted
||Salary Range: As per Academic Collective Agreement