To apply for a job, please click on the Apply Now!
If you do not see a job that is suitable for you, feel free to make a general resume submission by clicking on the Submit Resume
button at the top.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Diversity, equity and inclusion are fundamental to our mission to educate students. We are committed to education that places strong emphasis on global citizenship, social justice and equity. We live this value through the strength and richness that diversity brings to our workforce and welcome contributors from equity groups including: Aboriginal Peoples, Visible Minorities, Persons with Disabilities, Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer persons.
Centre for Learning and Teaching, Academic Excellence Unit
(This position is initially open to full-time, bargaining unit employee of the college)
Reporting to the Manager of Organizational Learning and Development and working as a member of the eCentennial team the incumbent will work with subject matter experts in the College to design and develop e-learning content for Organizational Learning objectives. The incumbent will be a critical member of the COLT team who will assist with the visioning for the future of online organizational learning at the College. The incumbent will be a key collaborator within the eCentennial team, and work with the ITS, SME’s and other stakeholders as they emerge to ensure a quality product is created with effective end user documentation to support the deployment of the training.
- Conducts needs analysis by meeting with the relevant Subject Matter Expert (SME) or requesters in order to determine program objectives, key characteristics of learners, expected learning activities, and content to be designed
- Identifies and selects appropriate instructional and media strategies (e.g. online interactive self-paced materials, synchronous and/or asynchronous activities) to fit the learning outcomes
- Reviews and creates templates for learning content to develop support mechanisms, and methodologies for online learning
- Reviews current instructional media programs/courses and identify better ways to use existing materials for content
- Creates mechanisms for establishing assessment, learner feedback and learner reflection in learning content
- Critically assesses the strengths and weaknesses of available technologies and software by piloting, evaluating and recommending academic technologies which can be purchased by the College
- Conducts preview sessions and presentations to encourage the adoption of new and emerging academic technologies in the organization for effective and sustainable eLearning practice.
- Guides and advises departments who would like to explore the LMS as a platform to host programming on system usage, functionality, access, and reporting to ensure product can be hosted to suit client need
- Provides design advice and services, liaising with the eCentennial team, ITS department and troubleshoot issues as they arise for online learning and deployment
- Develops storyboard; integrate instructional methods and media elements; describe all components of the final interactive products, including images, text, interactions, and assessments in collaboration with the appropriate SME
- Ensures all course content comply with the College’s relevant policies and AODA
- Creates end user documentation (guides, directives, instructions, specifications, etc.) and communication to support the deployment of course materials/content
- Actively investigates developments in computer, network, multimedia and other electronic media by researching journals, Internet publications, participating in workshops and conferences, and through consultation with external representatives, suppliers etc.
- Completion of a 3 year diploma/degree in related field (such as: Human Resources, Adult Education or Technology) or equivalent combination of education and related practical experience in training/instructional design/e-learning
- Completion of a Certificate in Instructional Design or e-learning is preferred
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in training and development and e-learning, including experience with techniques and methodologies of training needs assessment, program design, delivery and evaluation, and demonstrated application of adult learning and e-learning principles
- Demonstrated experience in instructional design with experience in designing, developing and evaluating e-learning curriculum, learning activities, resources, strategies, plans and processes using various learning delivery models including online, blended, hybrid and classroom formats
- Demonstrated Proficiency with Articulate Storyline and/or Adobe Captivate
- Demonstrated experience with Learning Management Systems, virtual classrooms, multimedia applications, digital media design, web design technologies, web page layout, desktop publishing, graphics, web page creation and web platform development software
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and understand the implications of such technologies
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint; basic HTML editing software
- Demonstrated ability to produce quality documentation and develop/design training materials for online courses/sessions/programs in accordance with AODA standards
- Proven planning and organizational skills, effective interpersonal skills for creating positive relationships
- Highly developed communication, strategic/critical thinking and project management skills
||Permanent - Support
|Hours of Work
|Additional Information as Applicable
||Monday to Friday, between 8:30am to 4:30pm
Apply online by clicking the "Apply Now!" button.
“Proof of credentials or equivalencies from accredited regional or federal post-secondary institutions and/or their foreign equivalents will be required at the time of job offer."
When applying, your cover letter and résumé must include examples that reflect all of the requested skills and qualifications and must be submitted online by May 22, 2019 at 4:30 PM. Please quote Competition #18-S-69. Misrepresentation of applicant information will be grounds for your exclusion from the competition or for dismissal should you subsequently be hired for the position. We regret we cannot accept phone calls. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are committed to providing persons with disabilities equal opportunities regarding all employment activities, including access to jobs and accommodations during employment as required, in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC) and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
||Pay band H - $31.06 - $36.06 per hour