To apply for a job, please click on the Apply Now!
If you do not see a job that is suitable for you, feel free to make a general resume submission by clicking on the Submit Resume
button at the top.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
Diversity, equity and inclusion are fundamental to our mission to educate students. We are committed to education that places strong emphasis on global citizenship, social justice and equity. We live this value through the strength and richness that diversity brings to our workforce and welcome contributors from equity groups including: Aboriginal Peoples, Visible Minorities, Persons with Disabilities, Lesbian Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and queer persons.
||Liaison & Student Recruitment Officer
Liaison and Student Recruitment, Enrolment Services
(This position is initially open to full time, bargaining unit employees of the college)
The Liaison and Student Recruitment Officer works in a busy and challenging environment with a diverse population and diverse situations are encountered. In response to labour market trends, college enrolment patterns, government policy and other relevant factors, the incumbent under the direction of the Manager, Events, Campus Experience & Student Recruitment, implements recruitment strategies to positively influence diverse groups of potential students and other relevant audiences.
- Provide detailed, comprehensive and accurate College/program-specific information and advice through large group presentations, one-on-one consultations, social media, telephone and email enquiries initiated by prospective students, regarding Centennial’s programs, courses, admission requirements and process, registration processes, student services resources to facilitate ease of decision-making and enrolment in Centennial College
- Coordinate and deliver information sessions and assist with campus tours
- Assist with College-wide recruitment and conversion events
- Assist with scheduling visits to high school, agencies, community events, adult learning centers, university fairs as well as other recruitment events and/or activities
- Analyze requirements of groups internal and external to the College and develop ways to meet their needs to promote College programs through the on- and off- campus recruitment program, College Information Fairs, College Open Houses, and tour programs
- Travel extensively (often out-of-town) for several months, with significant evening and weekend hours.
- The incumbent is a significant contributor to the public image of Centennial College throughout Ontario
- Prepare reports on recruitment activities that summarize the number of clients, contacts and events. These reports are used to catalogue current activity levels and recommend future activities
- 3-year diploma/degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Public Relations or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum three (3) years of related experience in Recruitment/Advising/Counselling within a post-secondary setting
- A thorough understanding of all levels of the provincial education system, current issues and related trends and legislation at the provincial and Ministry level through to boards of education as required.
- Experience and understanding of the diverse needs of post-secondary students with a focus on what engages and appeals to students.
- Demonstrated experience with the planning, delivery and support of large-scale events and experience coordinating volunteers during events is essential
- Experience developing and delivering multimedia presentations to large groups is essential
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, develop rapport and form productive customer sales relationships with a wide variety of potential prospects and their families and representatives in culturally diverse environments
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively in a variety of media including social media
- Ability to work independently as well as an effective team member; demonstrating excellent time management skills and flexibility by efficiently multitasking and prioritizing to ensure completion of assigned work
- Excellent customer service, sales, interpersonal and organizational skills are required.
- Experience with research and evaluation is an asset; demonstrating an ability to undertake substantive and complex administrative tasks (ex. analyzing demographic and market trends)
- A valid driving license and access to a reliable vehicle is required.
- Proficiency in using MS Office applications like Word, PowerPoint and email applications
||Permanent - Support
|Hours of Work
|Additional Information as Applicable
||Current Shift Schedule: 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM and Evening and Weekend hours
Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button
"Proof of credentials or equivalencies from accredited regional or federal post secondary institutions and/or their foreign equivalents will be required at the time of job offer."
When applying, your cover letter and résumé must include examples that reflect all of the requested skills and qualifications and must be submitted online by July 16, 2013 at 4:30 PM. Please quote Competition #13-S-37 Misrepresentation of applicant information will be grounds for your exclusion from the competition or for dismissal should you subsequently be hired for the position. We regret we cannot accept phone calls. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are committed to providing persons with disabilities equal opportunities regarding all employment activities, including access to jobs and accommodations during employment as required, in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC).
||$31.56 - $36.58/ hour (Payband I)