To apply for a job, please click on the Apply Now!
If you do not see a job that is suitable for you, feel free to make a general resume submission by clicking on the Submit Resume
button at the top.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
Diversity, equity and inclusion are fundamental to our mission to educate students. We are committed to education that places strong emphasis on global citizenship, social justice and equity. We live this value through the strength and richness that diversity brings to our workforce and welcome contributors from equity groups including: Aboriginal Peoples, Visible Minorities, Persons with Disabilities, Lesbian Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer persons.
||Manager, Childcare Lab School
||East York Child Care Centre
School of Community Health & Studies
Accountable for the effective operation of a community-based childcare centre which, is also used as a teaching facility for students, enrolled in the college’s Early Childhood Education program. Plans the centre's operations to ensure the provision of a balanced program, with emphasis on maximizing social, emotional and intellectual development of the client’s children. Accountable for ensuring that the Centre maintains standards prescribed by the Day Care Nurseries Act and meet government and local shield care agency criteria for funding. Effectively coordinates and monitors the training experience for college students, hiring staff at the centres and conducting evaluations to ensure that the centres meet their objectives.
- Responsible for Child Care Centre (Lab School) operations and administration ensuring a high level of administrative efficiency and in conformity with sound business practices
- Supervises the day-to-day operations of the centre ensuring compliance to the various Acts and Regulations such as the Day Nurseries Act and the City of Toronto’s operating criteria
- Provides high standards and a safe, healthy and caring environment for the children, staff and students
- Responsible for the recruitment, selection, training, evaluation, development and monitoring of Early Childhood Teachers, Assistants and Cooks
- Demonstrates leadership and effective team building skills by promoting staff professional development through exemplary applied learning opportunities
- Supervises curriculum implementation and program delivery in partnership with the ECE faculty; ensuring that curriculum and program delivery reflect the principals of the School of Community Health & Studies
- Directs and supports practicum opportunities for students by coordinating and directing student placements schedules within the centre and supervising the subsequent student evaluation process
- Develops effective interdepartmental links and collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders with whom collaboration or cooperation is required to fulfil projects and/or new initiative mandates
- Contributes to financial planning by effectively managing the centres budget control expenditures and participating in budget planning
- Plans and organizes communications within and external to the centre; marketing with workplace partners, families, professional governments and community organization the high quality of the centre and ECE program
- Participates actively on various committees internal/external to the college community
- Promotes an atmosphere of team effort and high standards of customer service
- 2 year diploma in Early Childhood Education or equivalent
- Must be registered and in good standing with the College of ECE. (Registered Early Childhood Educator)
- Minimum of 5 years of management experience in a child care setting working with a variety of age groups
- Strong understanding of current theories (including ELECT and emergent curriculum), government legislation (Day Nurseries Act, Public Health, Metro Criteria, etc) and best-practices in ECE community
- Proficiency with MS Office Suites including MS Word and Excel
- Strong relationship development skills with the ability to build and maintain both formal and informal networks
- Sound judgement and decision making skills with the ability to effectively administer/reinforce policies as appropriate
- Strong problem solving skills with the ability to analyse and diagnoses the issues reaching a suitable solution is found
- Ability to work in stressful situations with the ability to respond to changes and fluctuating demands with shifting deadlines
- Strong communication skills with the ability to clearly articulate directions, concepts and information
- Experience and understanding of working effectively in a diverse environment
Note: The successful candidate must have a valid First Aid and CPR certification; up-to-date medical including Tuberculosis test and immunization; Vulnerable Sector police check.
||Permanent - Administration
Apply online by clicking the "Apply Now!" button
"Proof of credentials or equivalencies from accredited regional or federal post secondary institutions and/or their foreign equivalents will be required at the time of job offer."
When applying, your cover letter and résumé must include examples that reflect all of the requested skills and qualifications and must be submitted online by November 20, 2013 at 4:30 PM. Please quote Competition #13-A-19. Misrepresentation of applicant information will be grounds for your exclusion from the competition or for dismissal should you subsequently be hired for the position. We regret we cannot accept phone calls. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are committed to providing persons with disabilities equal opportunities regarding all employment activities, including access to jobs and accommodations during employment as required, in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC)
||$66,603 - $83, 254 (Payband 10)