To apply for a job, please click on the Apply Now!
If you do not see a job that is suitable for you, feel free to make a general resume submission by clicking on the Submit Resume
button at the top.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
Diversity, equity and inclusion are fundamental to our mission to educate students. We are committed to education that places strong emphasis on global citizenship, social justice and equity. We live this value through the strength and richness that diversity brings to our workforce and welcome contributors from equity groups including: Aboriginal Peoples, Visible Minorities, Persons with Disabilities, Lesbian Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer persons.
||Manager, Operations and Services
||School of Continuing Education & Corporate Training
Reporting to the Dean for the, School of Continuing Education & Corporate Training (CECT), and Business Development the Manager of Operations and Services is accountable for the leadership and service excellence in day-to-day School operations. The incumbent is responsible for planning, organizing and implementing operational systems to meet the School’s evolving goals and objectives and is the primary contact person for all logistical aspects of the School’s functioning. In addition, the Manager of Operations & Services is responsible for collecting, generating and analysing data sets related to the operation, learners and systems within the School and providing reports and recommendations to the Dean and/or Management Team.
- Oversees the operational activities of the portfolio with a focus on quality and customer service excellence
- Recruits, interviews, hires, manages and evaluates human resources including program staff and instructors
- Plans, executes and evaluates all financial aspects of the portfolio to ensure effective resource utilization including preparation and monitoring of budget
- Organizes and/or participates in Advisory, Steering, Curriculum, departmental, College wide and Community committees
- Uses and participates in a variety of venues to promote College programs and services to the community
- Fosters positive relationships with all college internal and external stakeholders including industry and the community and works with relevant internal college departments to facilitate the successful development and delivery of programming.
- Applies leadership skills and expertise to assist in planning and implementing management strategies of the college and/or school and provides an operational perspective to departmental and program decisions Reviews, analyzes and makes recommendations to enhance efficiency and effectiveness of services and work flow.
- Improves the operational systems, processes and policies in support of the organization’s mission -- specifically, supports management reporting, information flow, business process and organizational planning.
- Acts on financial, registrarial , systems, administrative and personnel actions pertaining to the School
- Provides strategic services, including market analysis and information / data gathering and reporting essential in decision making
- Analyzes information such as enrolment trend analysis, student demographics and/or competitive analysis to make recommendations to the Dean and Management Team on strategic direction of the School
- Prepares and analyzes complex reports, spread sheets, databases and informational documents to assist in program, HR and customer service planning.
- Assists with the planning, development and implementation of strategic plans, business and operational plans and the School’s Multi-Year Plan
- A 3-year degree or diploma in Business Administration, or in a discipline with an Operations Management major or an equivalent combination of education and practical work related experience
- Minimum five years of experience in an operations management role
- Superior knowledge and or experience of predictive impact modelling combined with strategic thinking to evaluate, and implement change-management strategies and or supporting services for expansion of programs and services to raise opportunities to obtain and or retain students in target communities and increase student satisfaction.
- Proven knowledge of Adult Education, with experience in an academic organization preferred, including exposure to programming, teaching and learning.
- Experience in business administration and management, data analysis, financial reporting, control and auditing, and human relations
- Experience in the development of computerized business information systems
- Leadership ability and proven knowledge and ability to implement best practices using knowledge and technology in an educational setting.
- Demonstrated creativity and visionary in the delivery of customer service, student services, analysis and planning.
- Superior interpersonal skills to develop, manage, and maintain a wide-range of stakeholder relationships; facilitates suitable partnerships diplomatically, while working in collaboration with relevant internal and external stakeholders.
- Proven ability to manage multiple agendas, work independently, exercise judgment, and assume accountability
- Experience, knowledge and understanding of working effectively in a diverse environment
||Permanent - Administration
||Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now!" button.
"Proof of credentials or equivalencies from accredited regional or federal post secondary institutions and/or their foreign equivalents will be required at the time of job offer."
When applying, your cover letter and résumé must include examples that reflect all of the requested skills and qualifications and must be submitted online by March 18, 2014 at 4:30 PM. Please quote Competition #14-A-04. Misrepresentation of applicant information will be grounds for your exclusion from the competition or for dismissal should you subsequently be hired for the position. We regret we cannot accept phone calls. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are committed to providing persons with disabilities equal opportunities regarding all employment activities, including access to jobs and accommodations during employment as required, in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC).
||Payband 9 (under review)