To apply for a job, please click on the Apply Now!
If you do not see a job that is suitable for you, feel free to make a general resume submission by clicking on the Submit Resume
button at the top.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
Diversity, equity and inclusion are fundamental to our mission to educate students. We are committed to education that places strong emphasis on global citizenship, social justice and equity. We live this value through the strength and richness that diversity brings to our workforce and welcome contributors from equity groups including: Aboriginal Peoples, Visible Minorities, Persons with Disabilities, Lesbian Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer persons.
||International Admissions Assistant, Japan, Korea, Philippines and Vietnam – Temporary Position (1-year contract)
International Education Department
The International Admissions Assistant, Japan, Korea, Philippines and Vietnam, is responsible for processing international applications and issuing offer, visa, cost of living and fee statement letters to “new entrants”. The incumbent has extensive knowledge of education systems throughout the world and their equivalencies to the Canadian Education System and responds to information requests regarding programs and subject offerings, as well as general College inquiries from around the world.
- Processes international applications and issues offer, visa, cost of living and fee statement letters to “new entrants”; updates electronic records
- Supports team members to ensure that established deadlines, goals and objectives of the International Education Department are met
- Delivers excellent customer service to all clients with tact and diplomacy and maintains confidentiality in all exchanges
- Reviews student applications, academic records and transcripts for completeness of data; validates and determines admissibility of new entrants based on established admission criteria
- Informs new entrants of admission procedures and available program choices to assist them in meeting their career or developmental needs
- Inputs, checks and compares electronic files to Banner Admissions on-screen data and hardcopy academic transcripts to ensure accuracy of Banner Admissions data; manually inputs required data
- Assists with assembly and mail-out of acknowledgment letters, offer packages and orientation packages
- Provides timely response to requests from prospective students, new applicants, and the general public as it relates to the admission and registration of new entrants (by phone, mail, e-mail, fax and in person)
- Performs other duties as assigned which may require transfer to another campus or country during the interim assignments
- A two year Community College diploma in business, communications, IT, marketing or related courses or the equivalent education and related, practical experience in admissions or customer services
- Minimum one year recent related experience in an international customer-service driven environment, with emphasis on interpersonal skills; experience in an International Student Service environment is preferred
- Extensive knowledge of education systems throughout the world and their equivalencies to the Canadian Education System and of the province's high-school system, the college system, the college programs, admission procedures, registration procedures and Citizen and Immigration Canada Student Authorization policies is mandatory
- Competency in reading, writing and speaking in English and Vietnamese are mandatory for this geographic team. Japanese, Korean, and Indonesian languages included in the geographic area are an asset
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with large on-line computerized record system (e.g. Banner, PC software and of integrated student information database systems
- Committed to providing a high level of customer service to clients via various media
- Ability to work meeting deadlines and complete tasks under pressure
- Ability to maintain the strictest confidence regarding student data in accordance with departmental policies and procedures, and the Freedom of Information Protection of Privacy Act
- Ability to undertake occasional interim transfer to other campuses
- Awareness and sensitivity to the cross-cultural communication requirements of clients and understanding the special needs of international students
- Experience, knowledge and understanding of working effectively in a diverse environment
||Temporary - Support
|Hours of Work
|Additional Information as Applicable
||1 Year Contract position; Hours of Work Rotation: 8:30 am – 4:30 pm and 12:00 pm –8:00 pm - occasional weekend work at peak periods
||Apply online by clicking the "Apply Now!" button
"Proof of credentials or equivalencies from accredited regional or federal post-secondary institutions and/or their foreign equivalents will be required at the time of job offer."
When applying, your cover letter and résumé must include examples that reflect all of the requested skills and qualifications and must be submitted online by April 24, 2013 at 4:30 PM. Please quote Competition #13-S-18. Misrepresentation of applicant information will be grounds for your exclusion from the competition or for dismissal should you subsequently be hired for the position. We regret we cannot accept phone calls. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are committed to providing persons with disabilities equal opportunities regarding all employment activities, including access to jobs and accommodations during employment as required, in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC).
||$23.09 to $26.76 per hour (Payband E)